Why join Igloo:
One of our core beliefs at Igloo is that people are a company’s biggest asset. This philosophy is woven into everything we do at Igloo – our behaviors, our culture, and especially our digital workplace solutions (which we use every day). And that’s why we can offer you a superior employee experience that goes beyond superficial perks and promises, and gives you the true sense of purpose you’ve been waiting for.
Why this role is important:
Reporting to the Director of IT and Cloud Services, the MS SQL DBA will become part of the team responsible for the SQL Server infrastructure powering our cloud services across many environments.
You will apply your skills in performance tuning to detect and quantify performance issues and will partner with database developers to resolve them. Your skills in TSQL and PowerShell will allow you to automate most of your routine duties and set-up custom and useful alerts and monitors to ensure the highest levels of service availability and performance possible. Disaster recovery will be managed with ease and you’ll have no problems ensuring that both OLTP and OLAP systems are available for customers 24x7.
The top candidates will be lifelong learners who are passionate about technology and have a deep understanding of SQL Server 2014 – including being informed about the latest and greatest features in the most current SQL Server release.
The impact you’ll have:
- Performance Tuning: to detect and quantify performance issues
- Monitoring: to measure and inform on database performance and availability
- Automation: to improve efficiency of manual tasks related to DBA, release and deployment activities
- Optimization: utilizing and reviewing TSQL code to craft performant queries
- Support: structured troubleshooting and problem solving
- Collaboration: partnering with Database Developers & IT to resolve performance issues and implement new features impacting data layer applications
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL 2014 (or greater) in a database administrator role
- University degree or College diploma and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience using TSQL and performing data analysis
- Experience troubleshooting and tuning indexes, stored procedures, and SQL Server system settings
- Proven ability to automate routine DBA tasks
- Knowledge of capacity planning, database recovery, backup, and high-availability and disaster recovery techniques related to SQL Server
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting OS issues as they relate to SQL performance
- Solid understanding of how to monitor SQL Server performance
- Flexibility to be on-call (as required)
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- Deploying and managing SSIS and SSRS
- SQL Server AlwaysOn
- Solr Winds monitoring software
- Data warehousing and/or adhoc reporting
- Azure SQL
- PowerShell scripting
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes your work easier.
If you’re looking for a role with the right mix of autonomy and team collaboration, an environment that fosters transparency and trust, a company with seasoned leadership and backed by a leading investment firm, a career with lots of opportunity and room for growth, and a chance to personally influence how organizations work, then we invite you to step inside Igloo.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.