Senior Front End Developer
Why join Igloo:
One of our core beliefs at Igloo is that people are a company’s biggest asset. This philosophy is woven into everything we do at Igloo – our behaviors, our culture, and especially our digital workplace solutions (which we use every day). And that’s why we can offer you a superior employee experience that goes beyond superficial perks and promises, and gives you the true sense of purpose you’ve been waiting for.
Why is this role important:
We are looking for an experienced Front End Developer that is ready for their next challenge. If you’re a motivated self-starter that is passionate about the web and loves to craft clean, performant and consistent code then we’d love to speak to you! As a senior member of the development team you will be responsible for architecting, designing and implementing features on our flagship product in collaboration with a team of exceptional developers, product designers, and architects building on our digital workplace platform that continues to change the way our customers work!
We’re looking for an effective communicator with a positive attitude, a passion for learning and commitment to crafting great things for the web!
The Impact you'll have:
- Build: Using the latest technologies such as React and Redux to establish an ecosystem for other developers to leverage to build out new features and functionality
- Collaboration: Work closely with key internal teams to implement features within the platform to guide the technical direction of our web platform
- Research: Own the process of investigating tickets and determining the best possible solutions moving forward
- Creation: Have the features you work on used every day by our customers around the globe
- Learn: Developing a deep understanding of the Igloo platform and the latest web technologies with dedicated learning time and budgets for conferences and courses
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of experience in a front end development role
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to problem solve and think both critically and creatively
- A keen interest in mentoring other developers
- Understanding of the OWASP top 10 and mitigation strategies
- Working knowledge of modern web stack technologies (i.e. HTML5, CSS3, SASS, ES6/7/8)
- Working experience with React/Redux
- Proficient in one of the following: Bootstrap, Foundation, Kube or equivalent experience with a major responsive web framework
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of ES6 (ES7/8 a plus)
- Web Accessibility (WCAG)
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- NodeJS (latest LTS)
- Apache Velocity (legacy)
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes your work easier.
If you’re looking for a role with the right mix of autonomy and team collaboration, an environment that fosters transparency and trust, a company with seasoned leadership and backed by a leading investment firm, a career with lots of opportunity and room for growth, and a chance to personally influence how organizations work, then we invite you to step inside Igloo.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.