Senior Database Developer
Why join Igloo:
One of our core beliefs at Igloo is that people are a company’s biggest asset. This philosophy is woven into everything we do at Igloo – our behaviors, our culture, and especially our digital workplace solutions (which we use every day). And that’s why we can offer you a superior employee experience that goes beyond superficial perks and promises, and gives you the true sense of purpose you’ve been waiting for.
Why is this role important:
We are looking for an experienced Database Developer that is ready for their next challenge. As a Senior Database Developer, you will be responsible for making architecture and design decisions in collaboration with the rest of Igloo’s Data team. You will be an active participant in all phases of the software development life cycle. If you’re a motivated self-starter that is passionate about SQL Server and crafting clean, performant and consistent code then we’d love to speak to you!
We’re looking for an effective communicator with a positive attitude, a passion for learning and commitment to building great things for the web!
The Impact you'll have:
- Optimization: Crafting and reviewing code that is fast, scalable and maintainable
- Collaboration: Work closely with other Data team members to implement new data structures and features that impact data layer applications
- Research: Researching industry trends in technology and methodologies for analyzing and improving complex data models
- Globalization: Work with various sizes of databases and datasets for customers all over the world
- Support: Share in end to end ownership of our databases and provide structured troubleshooting and problem solving when required
- Stabilization: Work with support teams to hunt down performance issues and improve overall platform stability
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in a database development role
- University degree or College diploma and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience using TSQL and performing data analysis
- Experience troubleshooting and tuning indexes, stored procedures, and SQL Server system settings
- Exposure to PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge of capacity planning, database recovery, backup, and high-availability and disaster recovery techniques related to SQL Server
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting OS issues as they relate to SQL performance
- Experience with source code control systems
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- SQL Server 2014/2016
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes your work easier.
If you’re looking for a role with the right mix of autonomy and team collaboration, an environment that fosters transparency and trust, a company with seasoned leadership and backed by a leading investment firm, a career with lots of opportunity and room for growth, and a chance to personally influence how organizations work, then we invite you to step inside Igloo.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.