Data Scientist Team Lead
With thousands of diverse and premium apartments, condos, and houses in major business centers across the U.S., 2nd Address eases the anxiety of business travel. Our online experience makes finding, leasing, and managing properties simpler for Owners (Hosts) and provides a richer experience for Guests. Some of our customers include Google, Facebook, Microsoft and thousands of smaller businesses. Founded in 2014, we operate across the United States with specific focus in large urban markets.
We are passionate about our mission and our marketplace, and everything we do helps drive us to our goal of creating on-demand housing. Come join our Canadian Data Engineering team that is bringing the real estate industry online. We need your help to make leasing a property easy and efficient.
Are you a Data Scientist Team Lead looking to build out the Host Platform and lead the Data Team, from the ground up? As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll be responsible for providing the data for the product strategy to take 2nd Address to the next level. You’ll work closely with our Engineering, Design, Marketing, and Data teams to define experiments and use the results to accelerate the growth of our marketplace into the leading platform serving business travellers for extended stays.
What You’ll Do - Function
- Partner with operations, real-estate and product teams to lead analytics projects and derive actionable insights to drive better product and business performance
- Acquire, manage and use data to inform business decisions and product design
- Design models and statistical analyses to answer specific questions
- Lead product and growth experiments, and the Host Revenue team
- Take ownership of the data for product development that will establish 2nd Address as a leader in the business travel space
- Work cross functionally across Marketing, Data, and Supply teams to generate insights and market research
- Run continuous A/B tests and use data to determine the best ideas to drive growth.
- Able to meet urgent day-to-day business needs and make rapid progress on important long term business objectives.
What You Bring - Experience
- MSc or PhD in Economics, Statistics, Operations Research or related quantitative field from a top university
- Proven experience building or leading a team in an early stage growth environment
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist or Economist with a track record of manipulating, and extracting value by generating clear recommendations for action from large datasets
- Prior experience in experimental design is a plus
What You Have - Skill
- Strong project management and written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in SQL and Python or R required
- Familiarity with ETL processes
- Strong fundamentals in statistics and econometrics (e.g. regressions, hypothesis testing)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues, analyses, and deliver recommendations for solutions.
- Loves working within a fast-paced team environment and remains agile to new challenges.
- Startup experience a bonus.
At Terminal, we identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We provide complete operations and services to give companies all the benefits of a new office without any of the hassle.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.