Position: Production Coordinator
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Experience: 3+ Years relevant work experience
Education: Certificate or higher with relevant experience
Division: Clearpath Robotics
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s industrial and research divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We believe that work must have a high “cool” factor and every day should bring new knowledge. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
We are looking for a production coordinator to monitor, and improve on, the full production and integration process of our unmanned ground vehicles. A successful applicant is someone who is willing to take full ownership and accountability of these process and ensure they run smoothly and efficiently.
This will require careful planning, and implementation of production and inventory planning strategies, while at the same time able to react quickly to curve balls. Occasionally it will also be required for the production coordinator to participate in product assembly, and have a general understanding of mechanical electronics system, as well as the sensors that are being integrated.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Interpreting sales forecasts and historical data to create inventory plans according with just-in-time manufacturing
- Ensure production and integration activities are progressing smoothly, and act quickly to resolve blockers
- Create production work instructions, and transition engineering project into production
- Finding ways to improve our bill of materials costs
- When everything is under control, willing to get dirty and do some robot building
A smooth and efficient process should excite you, you should be someone that wants to strive for improvements, and motivated to dig through the numbers to make it happen.
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- Lean production strategies (JIT)
- Hands on experience with production and assembly
- General understanding of mechanical electrical system, and their components
- Proficient in Excel
- Highly organized
Bonus points for:
- Experience creating production work instructions
- Working with SQL databases
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.