Procurement Coordinator (Contract 8 months)
Position: Procurement Coordinator (Contract 8 months)
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: 1-3 Years Relevant Experience
Education: Degree or Diploma in Business, Supply Chain or relevant field
Clearpath provides self-driving vehicle technology and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO Motors.
We employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe advanced automation. Our product drives itself to work! We are passionate about our work and we try to learn something new every day. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of what is possible with automation.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About the Job
As our business grows exponentially and continues to design and build robots full of awesomeness, we need someone to come in and purchase super awesome robot parts! With more robots shipping out than ever before, we need a Purchasing Coordinator to join the team and keep up with our growth. This position offers the best mix of responsibility, challenge, and enjoyment. We need someone who can come in, take charge, and help keep our supply chain running smoothly.
As our Purchasing Coordinator, you will work among our fantastic Finance and Operations Team. You will wear many hats, work with every department in our company, and be around the coolest robots you can imagine. (Bonus points if you’re friends with robots!)
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Purchasing and receiving materials
- Maintaining the purchasing automation program
- Routing purchase requisitions through proper approval channels
- Monitoring and expediting the procurement process when necessary
- Helping the Operations team keep track of fixed assets
- Aiding in the sourcing of new supply partners when a new product is introduced into the Clearpath supply chain
- Helping to resolve any quality, receiving, and invoicing discrepancies with suppliers
- Reconciling monthly credit card statements
- Obtaining competitive quotes and negotiating for optimal pricing
- Maintaining and updating inventory sourcing information as per ECN’s (Engineering Change Notices)
Additional tasks may include:
- Negotiating with supply partners to give Clearpath fair and optimal pricing
- Documenting and improving various supply chain processes
- Analyzing COGS spend, as needed
- Acting as a liaison between engineering department and suppliers
- Benchmarking the Clearpath supply chain against those in similar industries
- Working with other departments to improve inter-departmental cooperation and effectiveness
- Reporting purchasing department metrics
You want to work for a growing technology company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are a fan of Nike’s slogan “Just Do It”. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems. Oh, and you have some form of higher education with the common sense to back it up.
- Hands-on purchasing experience (1+ Years)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel
- High standard of organization and attention to detail
- Able to quickly evaluate and assess a problem situation and prioritize courses of action
- Being comfortable in a customer-facing situation, and acting with professionalism in each of those instances
Bonus points for:
- International purchasing experience
- Maintaining a large inventory
- Knowledgeable about logistics
- Past experience working in a technology company
This is a contract role for 8 months.
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.