Leadership - Communication - Execution
DigitalEd’s Product Owners are energetic, results-oriented individuals, who excel in a team- oriented environment within our Product Management organization, and where they play an integral role in the delivery of high-value extensions and enhancements to the Möbius platform, and DigitalEd’s product portfolio. Leveraging their ability to organize and motivate teams within an incremental delivery environment, they work with our Product Managers, Stakeholders and Software Engineers to translate product directives into actionable backlog deliverables, and follow through to completion.
Our Product Owners enjoy the development process, driven by the evolution of an idea to its ultimate delivery to market. They are thorough and inclusive, with an advanced ability to create actionable execution plans and clearly articulate requirements and priorities to their development teams. As the team’s primary source for scope definition and priority, they apply incremental delivery principles to working practices, driving the delivery of value through their teams; communicating progress, eliciting feedback and enabling stakeholder reviews for validation in the process.
Outcomes and Key Responsibilities
- Requirements Articulation and Goal Alignment: Translate product directives into backlog items, effectively representing customer needs. Serve as the primary source of external information for the development teams, offering clear definitions of the targeted capability, the intended value to the customer, and functional/non-functional requirements framing the scope of the capability – independent of implementation.
- Product Development: Play a leadership role in the development team to ensure that capabilities are in-scope, on-time and of high quality, participating in all team ceremonies including stand-ups, planning, review and retrospectives:
- Author, refine and approve backlog items, with clearly articulated acceptance criteria
- Manage backlog contents and priority, ensuring sufficient depth of groomed items for development consumption and commitment
- Document intended product behaviour and user experience in sufficient detail for downstream activities
- Work closely with development on implementation issues
- Review QA test plans to align with acceptance criteri
- Facilitate testing and review of early builds for adherence to functional requirements
- Review relevant documentation for technical accuracy
- Final authority regarding completion
- Stakeholder Communication: Effectively communicate product release contents and expected product capabilities/behaviour to stakeholders including Customers, Product Management, Support and Services, Development and Marketing
Measures of Performance
- Requirements Elicitation. Track scope creep beyond a baseline of the targeted use cases by identifying new use cases added outside the original planned theme scope.
- Backlog Development and Maintenance. Measure depth of backlog ahead of each iteration, and scope progression.
- Horizon Planning. Measure alignment to Team Progress as input for planning out towards a year of development/roadmapping.
Competencies and Experience
- Enthusiastic, thorough and results-oriented; Ability and desire to work in a dynamic team- oriented environment
- Experience with organizing and motivating teams to succeed in a Scrum or XP-like process
- Excellent project delivery skills, with proven work experience participating in cross-functional projects
- Excellent communications capability for written, verbal, and presentation/collateral mediums
We believe in 'No Deposit, No Return' - you get what you put in to your professional experience. These competencies drive our culture forward:
- Customer Orientation: Understands the value delivered to the customer, and cares about issues affecting them; anticipating their needs and acting in their best interest.
- Curiosity: Seeks to learn more, seeing opportunity where others see challenges. Absorbs new information and ideas, applying them to build on learning.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and leadership to establish an overall collaborative working relationship, building trust and respect for the team's working agreements. Contributes actively to a common goal.
- Adaptability: Maintains positive outlook and effectiveness by adapting to changing circumstances, responsibilities, and people. Offers and solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Ownership: Actively focused on achieving targeted results and objectives, initiating action and owning the outcomes.
If this role sounds like the kind of work you'd love to do, we'd love to talk to you.
Come help us shape the future of online learning!
We know diverse teams make strong teams, so we welcome all individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.