Every Engineering department in the world relies heavily on software, tools, and efficient processes that need to work consistently and reliably. Christie Engineering is looking for a solutions-oriented and innovative individual to maintain and improve our current set of mechanical design tools. As the Engineering department grows, we'll need you to develop roadmaps and plans to ensure that our infrastructure grows accordingly. Your main responsibilities will be to administrate a 3D CAD system environment, with extensive API customization, for a group of 60+ users. This position requires strong self-direction, organizational and communication skills.
- Mechanical Technologist Diploma or Mechanical Engineering Degree with relevant experience in an engineering development organization
- Extensive knowledge of SolidWorks/EPDM usage and administration
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and administration
- Familiar with installation and setup of SolidWorks/EPDM client applications
- Familiar with the latest workstation technology and system requirements
The following skills/experience are assets:
- VB.NET, SQL, Interfacing with commercial programs via API
- Design experience (1-3 years)
- Exposure to Agile (Oracle), SharePoint, and Helix
- Project managment skills and able to develop/maintain project schedules
- Manage roll-out of new software/versions for SolidWorks and EPDM
- Manage approval and roll-out of new hardware tiers
- Update/maintain internal CAD guidelines and procedures for interfacing to other systems (Agile, Helix, SharePoint, Tracepro, Zemax, SmartBIM, etc.)
- SolidWorks/EPDM admin support
- Maintain custom tools
- Christie Tools
- Custom toolboxes
- Standard templates, hole-callout, gauge tables, BOM templates, etc.
- Onboarding of new employees, updating and improving training material
- Enhance development tools
- Automate transition of information between systems (SolidWorks, Agile, Tracepro, Zemax, etc.)
- Implement electrical component/routing library
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening. Christie engages a third party vendor to complete all background screening. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.