- OCTOPUZ Inc.
- Job Function
- Product Management
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Type of Position: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Waterloo, ON
Education Requirement: University Degree, College Diploma or equivalent practical experience
Experience Requirement: 2+ years of relevant experience
OCTOPUZ is a leading innovator in the design, development, implementation, and customization of superior Offline Programming (OLP) software for industrial robotic applications. Our software combines an easy-to-use interface with remarkably powerful software that is well suited for businesses of all sizes, from small shops to global corporations. Walking in the front door, you will feel a warm, welcoming and energetic vibe of a start-up that is now scaling and growing and this is your chance to join that culture!
To learn more, visit us at www.octopuz.com
You are excited to join the OCTOPUZ Product Management team where you will utilize your skills and experience to collaborate with the Director of Product Management, Application Engineers, designers, and marketing teams to create a high quality product experience. You are also excited about the ability for your work to significantly have an impact on our growth, scale and customer satisfaction. To achieve this, you will need to analyze and understand the needs of customers and the needs of the business, all of which must work towards designing the best overall solution.
In addition, you will need to demonstrate the ability to gain deep knowledge and understanding of OCTOPUZ value proposition, and the target markets we serve. You must be a self-starter who can work with limited direct supervision and display an entrepreneurial spirit.
About the Role
- Work with Product Management leadership to help further develop product roadmap, while playing an important part in our near and long-term product strategy.
- Drive product strategy formation including market analysis, product concept development, and go to market design.
- Design, create and implement a comprehensive sales enablement program (to include tools, processes, programs and accreditations). Program to include field sales and partner sales.
- Partner with Sales Leadership to identify knowledge gaps across internal & external sales associates, conduct ongoing needs assessments and roll out targeted programs.
- Lead efforts on competitive analysis that details our competitor’s marketing, sales and product strategies.
- Create SWOT analysis for the OCTOPUZ product line.
- Leverage Application Engineering and Product Marketing resources where appropriate for product definition content.
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, and the go-to-market organization to help them understand the vision, roadmap and best practices.
- Lead voice of customer activities and distill key customer needs for specific market segments.
- Gather data (via customer interviews and internal/external sales associate interactions) and synthesize it into content that helps drive productivity.
- Monitor product sales & pricing trends, and margin levels against forecasted contributions.
- Mix of previous product strategy experience.
- Excellent presentation and customer facing skills.
- Highly analytical decision-making approach.
- Ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leader, self-starter and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment.
- Strong understanding of enterprise software and services, SaaS, and service APIs.
- Experience in Product Management, Systems/Business Analysis, Software Engineering or related field.
- Ability to work equally well with business development, product marketing, program management, sales operations, support, and engineering to drive successful product releases.