Senior Project Manager
Tulip Retail is the world’s first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Toys”R”Us believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of store associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to the product information, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
You would be joining our team of developers and product strategists as a Project Lead, where you will be exposed to the inner workings of a fast-growing company. As part of the Strategic Customers team you will lead projects to build both core product features and unique solutions for a small group of Tulip’s most elite fashion retail clients. You will be instrumental in the continuing advancement and innovation of what is to be known as the industry standard for store associate mobile enablement, enabling these elite clients; next generation retail experience.
What you'll do:
- As Tulip’s Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing our core in-house developers as well as outsourced and off-shore/near-shore teams. This includes working closely with our development team to understand and align on project requirements, create project timelines and milestones, and ensuring the projects are delivered on time and exceeds customer expectations.
- You will spend significant time on-site with the client teams at their head-office locations and will be the face of the project, managing status, coordination, tracking, and escalation.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage delivery from scope, schedule, resource, budget, and quality perspectives
- Manage project meeting cadence with internal and external stakeholders
- Review ongoing projects to ensure development team is focused on product or delivery work
- Review resource issues (satisfaction, performance, opportunities for growth)
- Develop business cases and project plans including timelines, resource and budget estimates
- Assist product manager and customer success manager in building and communicating a roadmap and aligning project activities to the roadmap
- Assist in escalation of production issues to the appropriate support teams
- Review invoices, construct SOW’s for future resource tasks
What you have:
- 5-10 years of Project Management experience (retail a plus) across multiple implementation projects, with a demonstrated ability to build, coach, lead and mentor offshore development teams.
- Post-secondary education in engineering, computer science and/or business degree is required, and an advanced degree is beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage many projects and priorities simultaneously and proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, as well as demonstrated tenacity and persistence, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Development (iOS, full stack, agile methodologies) experience
- PMP certification
What we offer:
- An environment that's passionate about growth, learning, and variety.
- Flex hours for early risers and night owls
- Paid sick days, 15 days of paid vacation standard
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rates
- Medical and dental benefits, with no waiting period
- Weekly team lunches, with halal and vegetarian options
- Wellness and meditation/prayer rooms
- Health (and less healthy) snacks and espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office, on the waterfront close to Union Station
- Brand new downtown Kitchener office
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.