Customer Implementation Specialist
- Waterloo, Canada
- Job Function
- Customer Service and Technical Support, Professional Services
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 40,000 - 59,999
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Who we are and what we do
Founded in 2011, Mappedin powers search and discovery indoors, enabling consumers to find what they're looking for with speed and ease. Our software platform provides industry leading tools to manage dynamic indoor spatial data and offer wayfinding experiences for customer-facing applications, including a recent collaboration with Apple Maps.
Mappedin works with the ten largest malls in Canada, the largest REITs in the US, and in stores, hospitals, campuses, and airports around the world.
At Mappedin and within the Customer Operations team, we have a strong culture of exceeding clients' expectations. Throughout our history, we have championed delivering projects on time, on scope, and on budget. We firmly believe that clients happiness and satisfaction is key to being successful.
Who you are and what you’ll do
You love going out of your way to make people happy. We expect you to be passionate about exceeding expectations, and to always be able to catch the little mistakes before others do. You are a great communicator, are motivated by problems that initially seem unsolvable. Finding ways to accomplish the impossible is your passion, and you always do so while meeting deadlines and quality expectations.
As part of the Customer Operations team, you will provide support to the Implementation and Customer Support teams to assist with pre- and post-implementation work:
- Take lead on standard implementations as timelines and capacity allow
- Communicate with clients to gather information
- Handle internal escalations of issues and reports
- Participate in internal and external meetings
- Assist with QA/Review of final product
- Predict and identify future challenges when possible
- Respond to support inquiries in a timely and friendly manner
- Provide on-site assistance when required
- Trouble shoot and resolve client-facing issues as they appear
- Re-image and install software on computers as needed
You are highly interested in learning about or already have experience in:
- Experience managing B2B relationships / providing B2B support
- Solid organization skills
- Ability to multitask and stay calm in stressful situations
- Ability to solve complex problems and identify root cause of various issues
- Strong understanding of Windows operating systems and programs
What are some challenges?
Workload can be unpredictable at times. Amount of work will be determined by closed deals and it fluctuates throughout the year. Sometimes unreasonable requests will be made, but you will need to deal with those requests while putting our customers first.
Our products change frequently, and you’ll need to stay up-to-date to ensure you always provide the correct information and solution to our clients. We’re also constantly seeing new business opportunities, and we will need your creative help to implement Mappedin for new types of clients.
Staying composed and focused while the workload and priorities are frequently changing will be key to your success at Mappedin.
Behind the scenes
Our tool set currently includes Zendesk, Basecamp, JIRA, and LogMeIn, but we are open to new ideas to make sure we always have the right tools in the team to get the job done.
There’s a lot of trust here at Mappedin. We work flexible hours, have a flexible vacation policy, and provide you with the hardware or office equipment you require to do your best work. We value execution and will do what it takes to get things done if it’s something we’ve promised. We stay curious and will always ask each other questions, rarely making assumptions. We recognize that we are all different and will challenge each other’s views and perceptions from time to time, resulting in constructive and healthy debates, but that never stops us from all eating lunch together every day. If you want to join our sports team, we have a blank bright orange jersey here waiting for your name to be printed on it.
Lastly, we have an awesome office cat who loves attention. Allergic? Don’t worry, he stays on the other side of the office and won’t bother you unless you decide to work in the collaboration area there.