Front End Developer with an eye for Design
- Schema App
- 15 Wyndham Street North, Guelph, ON
- Job Function
- Design & UX
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 60,000 - 79,999
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
Schema App is on a mission to translate the world’s web content to be understood by search engines, voice assistants and augmented reality. We are experts and the go-to professional solution for the super niche, geeky search optimization practice called Schema Markup. We work with the world’s leading search teams to automate their schema markup creation, maintenance, and management process and then leverage it to add more business value.
What you’ll do:
- Write and maintain scalable, efficient front-end code for the Schema App application
- Share expertise with Development teammates through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team
- Work with engineering and customer success team members to build features from concept through implementation
We hope that you are:
- You have experience as a front-end developer in a team setting
- You have a portfolio of designed and coded work
- You have experience using Git for source control
- Bonus points for having worked on a software product
- Bonus points for current or previous experience with Vue
- Bonus points if you like Burritos
What our team responded when we asked them why they like working for Schema App”
- “I like that we have a dynamic team that lets us iterate quickly to constantly improve our products.”
- “Life/Work balance is a priority with weekly One-on-One meetings ensuring that the team’s head and hearts are doing well and we are set up for success.”
- “By far is the people. I think we have a great team who respect each other and spontaneously collaborate, truly smart people, and, well, sensible and personable management. The corporate culture isn’t forced, it’s natural.”
So how do we know you are the next Front End Developer For us? You:
- Are an expert, who likes working in a team to get the job done, likes to adopt common processes to increase transparency within the team.
- Hungry to understand if your development is working for our customers. You like to test, iterate, and get feedback from the Customer Success Team and our customers, and use data to inform design to drive adoption.
- Gold Medal Team player. This role touches every aspect of our business and you can’t do your job well without the support of the team. Collaboration is the key to your success here. Respect for everyone’s unique ability is a must.
Schema App is based out of downtown Guelph, in a newly renovated 1800’s Petrie Building. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits and additional compensation for performance.
Please include a resume, a portfolio illustrating examples of your work, and what is your unique ability and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.