Software Test Engineer
Kaleidescape builds products for movie lovers who want the finest home cinema experience. We bring our passion for movies, technology, and innovation together to deliver award-winning products that allow our customers to enjoy more time with their families, and to become truly immersed in their favorite movies and concerts. The Kaleidescape engineering team is now starting work on what will be the most exciting feature to hit our market since the launch of our products in 2003. We are seeking out people who share our passion, to help us bring our vision into hundreds of thousands of homes throughout the world.
We need a software test engineer with a natural curiosity for understanding how things work (and how to break them) in the pursuit of creating products with exceptionally high quality. The software test engineer has experience with system and integration test planning, test case design, test execution, defect reporting in addition to working with various automation frameworks and tools. As part of the engineering team, the software test engineer works with software engineers and product management to effectively translate product/marketing requirements into testing requirements.
Primary job functions include:
- Develop test plans and test suites for large and small project/software releases covering integration between multiple software applications and/or systems.
- Conduct test plan and test case reviews with cross-functional project team members.
- Create and execute manual test cases using black/gray box, ad hoc and exploratory methodologies.
- Create and execute automated tests for web application, mobile and embedded applications.
- Create performance test plans and execute the maximum number of permutations in minimal time by leveraging automation tools and parallelizing available resources.
- Communicate accurate and timely testing status reports.
- Develop and maintain documentation for the quality function supporting the software development process.
- You have 3 or more years of relevant work experience in a software QA or test automation role.
- You have a passion for developing beautiful products of high quality.
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- You work well in a matrixed environment, working directly with other leaders and individual contributors throughout the organization.
- You are highly organized, motivated, and execution-oriented.
- You have strong scripting knowledge, ideally in Python.
- You are proficient with Linux shell scripting and commands.
- You have a working knowledge of Web Services, XML, JSON, Databases and SQL
- Bonus points for experience with any of the following:
- Familiar with Agile Development Methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Test automation tools and frameworks such as Mocha, Jasmin, Appium, Selenium, Junit or JMeter.
- Knowledge of digital audio and video technologies such as Blu-ray, 4K, HDR, MP4, H.264/5, HDMI, HDCP, etc.
- Embedded real-time operating systems.
- Highly concurrent thread-based architectures.