Type: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Waterloo, ON
Education Requirement: University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
Experience Requirement: 3+ years’ software development experience with strong knowledge of C# and Python as well as object-oriented design and implementation
Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, OCTOPUZ Inc. provides offline robot programming and simulation software for businesses of all sizes, from small shops to global corporations. OCTOPUZ is a complete software solution that enables users to program and simulate industrial robots at their computer while generating robot specific code to run jobs in production. Our software solution supports a wide variety of robot applications including welding, trimming, painting, 3-D printing, and more.
OCTOPUZ offers a powerful, flexible, and customizable environment where users can program multiple robots simultaneously without interrupting production.
Our focus is to provide a software solution that enables companies to reach a higher level of efficiency with their processes and opens opportunities for them to enter new markets and expand their business potential.
To learn more, visit our website at www.octopuz.com
You appreciate that working for a fast-paced start-up means you need to be adaptable, customer focused and results-oriented. Ideally you have had experience working on architectural and user interface aspects of Windows client development projects. You take pride in well-designed, efficiently programmed and reliable code that turns complex problems into simple solutions.
About the Role:
You will play a key role in the definition, design and development of our next generation OCTOPUZ software solution for industrial robotic applications. As the company scales and grows, we anticipate this position to evolve into a leadership role on the team.
As a member of the Development team you will:
- Actively participate in translating requirements and use cases into development definitions and effort estimates.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable OCTOPUZ code involving robot motion planning strategies.
- Actively contribute to solution architecture, product definition and graphical user interface design.
- Coach and mentor less experienced software developers.
- Identify technical debt and opportunities for refactoring that the team needs to address.
- Actively contribute to and support the team’s testing of new changes and perform regression testing at critical times in each release.
- Actively contribute to product enhancements, process improvements and code quality.
- Background in Mathematics and Computational Geometry.
- A team player with strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience coaching other team members to solve challenges and grow.
- Experience bringing robots to life! 6-axis industrial robot interfacing, or direct experience with brands such as Kuka, Fanuc, Yaskawa Motoman, ABB, or similar is highly desirable.
- Experience with CAD or CAD/CAM software, Computer Graphics and 3D graphics desktop applications and software architectural planning an asset
- Experience working in a start-up environment preferred.
No calls or agencies please.
OCTOPUZ Inc. is committed to ensuring a culture of inclusion and diversity and will consider all applicants regardless of age, marital status, race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, or disability. For those requiring accommodations during any stage of the application process, please call 1-226-894-1253 to speak with Human Resources.