Copy of Project Manager
- Teledyne DALSA
- Job Function
- Product Management
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
Our Company is built on employee mutual commitment and respect, enthusiasm and progress.
Teledyne DALSA is a subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies Inc., a U.S. publicly listed enterprise, and specializes in the manufacture, design, research and development of high performance CMOS and CCD image sensors and modular expandable cameras. Teledyne DALSA's products are used worldwide in machine vision, document scanning, image capture, surveillance, process monitoring, manufacturing inspection, medical imaging, and multi media.
As part of our continuing growth in this high technology market, Teledyne DALSA is recruiting for a Project Manager to join our Space & Defense Imaging team.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
As leader of a multi-disciplinary team drawn from functional groups throughout the organization, you will plan and execute new product developments. In this role, you will gather input from customers, will ensure design for quality and reliability, and ensure all necessary design verification and validation. You will champion the product from concept through its implementation and early life deployment.
The successful candidate for this role will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, a background that includes hands-on design, and a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Project Manager.
The candidates must also have demonstrated success in the areas of:
- Customer interactions
- Project management within a matrix organization
- Managing projects involving tight schedules, challenging technical requirements and high risks
- Team building and goal setting
- Electrical and optical technology integration
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans in collaboration with team members and other stakeholders
- Negotiate scope and commitment of resources with several functional groups.
- Ensure rapid and effective product development. Champion initial product success in verification, validation, and deployment. Support customers to ensure successful integration of our products in customers’ systems.
- Manage resource conflicts, risks, and other development hurdles. Provide impact statements and options. Report progress to senior management and customers.
- Support and advance our Product Development, Project Management and Design Control processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or a related technical field
- PMP designation and/or MBA degree is a strong asset
- Previous hardware industry related experience
- Experience with multi-disciplinary and multi-location teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with digital imaging applications and requirements desirable
Please quote file number PM0517 and include references with your resume.