Application Engineering Specialist
Type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Waterloo, ON
Experience: 1+ years of relevant experience
Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, OCTOPUZ Inc. provides offline robot programming and simulation software for businesses of all sizes, from small shops to global corporations. OCTOPUZ is a complete software solution that enables users to program and simulate industrial robots at their computer while generating robot specific code to run jobs in production. Our software solution supports a wide variety of robot applications including welding, trimming, painting, 3-D printing, and more. OCTOPUZ offers a powerful, flexible, and customizable environment where users can program multiple robots simultaneously without interrupting production.
Our focus is to provide a software solution that enables companies to reach a higher level of efficiency with their processes and opens opportunities for them to enter new markets and expand their business potential.
To learn more, visit our website at www.octopuz.com
You are someone who has a true passion for robotics and wants to work with them every day!
You are deeply technical with great customer facing skills. You understand how to work as a trusted advisor to ensure the success of our current and future customers. You are prepared to work with Account Managers on new accounts and opportunities, taking primary responsibility for mapping the customers’ technical environment, understanding their requirements, and positioning OCTOPUZ as the best solution for their Offline Robotics Programming needs.
As a member within the Application Engineering team you will support custom robot programming, product demonstrations, software implementation, training, and much more to our customer base around the world. You will work closely with Robot manufacturers, Robotic integrators, software resellers, and end-users tailoring OCTOPUZ software to fit their needs.
About the Role:
- Support the Sales team in helping customers to understand the extensive capabilities of the OCTOPUZ solution and how the solution will deliver value within their specific operational needs.
- Understand customer project requirements; help customers validate these requirements against the OCTOPUZ platform.
- Create customized customer demos and assist with technical proofs-of-concept to demonstrate how OCTOPUZ addresses identified success criteria and how the solution will work within the customer’s existing environment.
- Communicate customer needs and product enhancement feedback to Product Management, Marketing, and Sales.
- Provide on-site deployment and implementation support of the OCTOPUZ solution.
- Prepare and interpret CAD and CAM drawings, for simulation design purposes.
- Program robot and teach points for various tasks using robot pendants and OLP software.
- Conduct robot calibrations within the OCTOPUZ solution ensuring accurate representation of robot within the simulation environment.
- Configuration and testing of robotic cells within the OCTOPUZ simulation environment.
- Provide customer training on software and the software interaction with industrial robots.
- Provide after sales technical support on software solution and robot Programing Posts.
- Represent OCTPUZ solution at global industry events and trade shows.
- University degree in Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering, Engineering Systems and Computing, Robot Technology or minimum 3 years’ on-the-job industry related experience.
- Experience with computer aided design and/or manufacturing software.
- Experience with major robot brands including Motoman, Fanuc, ABB, and KUKA.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence conveying knowledge to a highly experienced technical audience.
- Must possess a valid vehicle license and have access to own vehicle.
- Willingness to travel, including international travel.
- Experience with any programming languages (C++, C#, VB, Python, etc.)
- Experience in Product Management, Systems/Business Analysis, Software Engineering or related field is an asset.
- Ability to work equally well with business development, product marketing, program management, sales operations, support, and engineering to drive successful product releases is an asset.
- Fluency in other languages is an asset.