Administrative Coordinator- Advanced R&D
You’re an administrative professional with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills. You pride yourself on your attention to detail and quick response time. You have previous experience as an administrative assistant, receptionist, office coordinator, or office manager, and are looking for a new challenge. You’ll be responsible for providing comprehensive support to our Advanced R&D team as well as improving, inventing, and implementing administrative processes.
- Advanced R&D interview bookings and candidate handling
- As the main point of contact, correspond with candidates and help them through the interview process while reflecting North’s high standards with an efficient and organized process.
- Schedule candidates and interviewers and arrange any travel and/or temporary accommodations that may be required.
- Create a process for candidate onboarding, and help all team leads implement it. This includes onboarding documentation, the onboarding checklist, etc.
- Create and maintain a system for tracking technical challenges and responses - along with evaluations of the quality of the challenges and responses.
- You’ll rely on the support of the Culture and Talent team - and similarly you’ll occasionally help them out with their tasks from time to time.
- Book travel for Advanced R&D team members
- Book flights, hotels, and transportation according to our travel policies. Be creative about getting employees the best travel experience for the best price.
- Help coordinate details with the actual destination - this might mean conference registration, coordinating courses, or dealing with suppliers we’re visiting on the trip.
- You’ll rely on the support of the Administrative team - and similarly you’ll occasionally help them out with their tasks from time to time.
- Within the first six weeks, start handling other administrative tasks for the Advanced R&D team
- Keep seating and lab floor plans up to date, coordinate between the teams, facilities, and C+T, and handle any seating-related requests or issues that come up (escalating questions as needed).
- Schedule internal and external meetings, shuffling as priorities change.
- Draft and edit documents and presentations
- Organize monthly team-wide meetings, including preparing agenda, slide deck, IT, and presenters
- Filing, organizing, record-keeping, documentation, and other miscellaneous administrative tasks.
- Continually understand more about the way the Advanced R&D team works, and make recommendations for best practices that can help the team operate more smoothly
What You’ll Need
- A Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a relevant field of study
- Experience in an administrative and/or human resources role
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office / G-Suite
- Ability to prioritize and to take initiative
- Willingness to wear multiple hats
Bonus Points for
- Previous experience working in a startup environment
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design