Director, Research & Development
Working out of NetBrain’s Toronto office, this role will serve in the R&D council that oversees all R&D functions in Toronto office. In addition, this role will be responsible for developing a very complex enterprise network management software, with state-of-the-art technology such as machine learning and big data processing.
Besides recruiting and managing local R&D team consisting of software developers and QA engineers, additional duties include:
- Supervise R&D and ensure consistent product quality and vision across the entire code base.
- Drive the right technology choices (e.g. languages, libraries, frameworks) for both immediate and long-term growth through rapid prototype and research.
- Oversee development of key software components to ensure quality and schedule.
- Implement best practices for testing, deploying, and developing code. Encourage and enforce the right developer behaviors to ensure both quality and efficiency.
- Communicate with key customers and eco-system partners to drive product integration and collaboration.
- Be an active member of industry standard body to drive open-API initiatives of NetBrain.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field of study
- 5-7+ years of engineering experience of software development
- Experience in at least one of mainstream programming language such as C++, C# or Java
- 3+ years of R&D team management experience
- In-depth knowledge with all development platforms and key frontend/backend technologies
- Experience with machine learning, big data processing, network virtualization(SDN/NFV), network management is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on management