People and Organizational Development Partner
You are passionate about bringing out the best in others and believe that leaders transform a company. You are a thought-leader in leadership and organizational development practices, with experience in the practical application of Industrial and Organizational Psychology. The opportunity to build and implement people development programs in a rapidly growing technology organization is your dream job.
As a member of the Culture and Talent team you will be building innovative people development practices that align with our unique culture that assumes good judgement and facilitates employees in pioneering new paths. You will be expected to move quickly and get traction on implementing solutions in a short amount of time with a focus on seeking feedback from your internal customers and continuously tweaking to make things better.
- Within 30 days:
- Gain a solid understanding of North’s culture and work environment to ensure that the guidance and operational processes and practices you will develop align with North’s culture and agile environment
- Understand how the Culture and Talent function operates to support the business and lay the foundation for collaborative relationships with your peer group
- Learn about the existing technology tools and processes in place
- Assess the needs of your functional area and identify key priorities for the next 90 days
- Within 90 days:
- Lead the delivery and evolution of our leadership development program to grow existing leaders as well as develop the next generation of people and technical leaders
- Manage the leadership 360 feedback process, providing 1:1 debriefs with leaders to support their development plans
- Develop and implement tools and learning to support employees and leaders in growing careers aligned with our overall career philosophy and framework
- Administer and analyze the bi-annual Culture and Engagement survey, plus intermittent pulse surveys, including preparation of senior leader and company-wide debriefs and updates on action items
- Ongoing - What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying company-wide development needs to build core current and future capabilities in support of North’s growth.
- Taking a science-practitioner approach to developing employees and leaders that is hands-on, integrated with business operations and incorporates on the job learning
- Developing a feedback culture within North that encourages transparent communication in support of personal growth and leverages current findings from neuroscience research.
- Acting as an internal resource to leaders to build their skills based on North’s leadership expectations and confidence in leading others, including maintaining the online leader resource portal with current tools and insights from industry research.
- Partnering with leaders and the Culture and Talent Business Partner team to support and evolve people development practices in the areas of real-time feedback, goal setting, team effectiveness, development and career planning
- Maintaining and enhancing current talent systems, finding creative ways to enhance employee usage and manage all associated vendor relationships and contracts. Lead implementation of any new systems as required.
What you need:
- Masters Degree in I/O Psychology or related field plus 5 years relevant practical experience in the areas outlined
- As a team of one, the willingness to roll up your sleeves and do it all - designing, building, administering and delivering all aspects of the position
- Strategic thought-leadership, grounded in psychological principles and industry research, to define organizational approach to people and leadership development, combined with practical, tactical urgency to get it done
- Facilitation skills that engage your audience and have people excited for the next learning opportunity
- Superior communication skills (both written and oral)
- The ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to take an innovative approach to learning that suits a high tech, fast paced environment
- An open mind to doing organizational effectiveness differently; what has worked there may not work here
Bonus Points For:
- Previous experience supporting a high-growth technology business
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design