NPI Engineering Technician
You are a resourceful Engineering Technician with a broad range of hands-on skills working with Optics, Electronics, and Mechanics. You are someone who thrives working with unknowns, and has the ability to push through problems and figure things out with minimal supervision. You are skilled at wading through data to identify trends and get to the root of problems.
In this roles you will work closely with NPI Engineers to develop new calibration and test systems for the next generation of wearable display products.
- Within 15 days,
- Learn everything you can about the Focals display system and how it works
- Receive training and become proficient on all display calibration stations
- Within 30 days,
- Review and understand the architecture of display calibration stations
- Work with the Display Systems Team to define and execute experiments and experimental builds
- Be responsible for communicating test results to the Display Systems team
- Within 60 days,
- Be comfortable building experimental projectors for the R&D team
- Assist in the deployment and bring-up of new experimental calibration stations
- Become proficient at testing and collecting data using a variety of optical measurement systems (i.e. beam profilers, power meters, scopes, vision systems, etc.)
- Regularly communicate results / data from the experimental builds to the Display Systems Team in a clear, concise way
What you need:
- Excellent technical debug and problem solving skills with both hardware and software systems.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration capabilities in addition to effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable working with electronic hardware, tools, fixtures, and gauges
- Capable of independently formulating solutions to complex technical problems
Bonus points for:
- Experience with statistical analysis and 6 sigma concepts such as Cp/CPk, GR&R, DOEs
- Experience with Machine Vision or Optical Metrology Systems.
- Programming experience in C++, Python
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design