Optics Diagnostic Technician - 12 Month Contract
*This role is a 12 month contract position
You have a thirst for knowledge and thrive in the fast-paced Electronics Manufacturing environment. You enjoy debugging complex issues and overcoming difficult challenges with unique and creative solutions. You are passionate about continuous improvement. You're also highly organized and have the know-how to communicate with cross-functional teams (both internal and external) to drive excellence across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Diagnose and repair electronic devices during NPI and Manufacturing
- Monitor test yields and ensure top issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Provide real-time technical support to the manufacturing test and calibration stations
- Carry out DOEs (Design of Experiments) to diagnose complex technical issues
- Work with Engineering teams to drive product, process and supplier quality improvements
- Develop, maintain and improve the test station maintenance programs
- Prepare manufacturing documentation
- Create product debug guides and tools
- Lead and direct yield meetings with other team members and electronic assemblers
- Update Yield Reports with root cause and corrective actions for top issues
- Work with supplier quality engineers to identify components that are out of spec
- Develop awareness of the optical facilities and capabilities across our office locations
What you need:
- Diploma/Degree in Electronics or a related discipline
- Experience debugging consumer electronics in an NPI or manufacturing environment
- Software debug skills and experience
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration capabilities in addition to effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Responsible, team-oriented, and process aware
Bonus points for:
- Product and Test Engineering experience
- Sensor, Optical and Mechanical Product experience
- Experience with optical metrology tools
- Photonics Technician/Technologist designation or similar
- Experience in programming languages such as C#, C++ and Python
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.