Display Hardware Project Lead
You are an engineer who has been designing display or imaging systems for years and you know how to develop component specifications and test processes that result in high quality systems. You have experience working with optical sensors, hardware and firmware design, and imaging techniques. You have developed and used complex models to creatively solve really hard problems. You are recognized by others as someone who leads with integrity, inspiring and enabling them to deliver.
What You’ll Do:
- Create project charters and lead teams of systems, optical, electrical, and software engineers to successfully deliver on project specifications..
- Decompose requirements to inform architecture design and component selection.
- Create project plans based on development risks that result in a design meeting performance and manufacturability goals.
- Develop design models that accurately predict design performance
- Within 3 weeks you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the Focals product intent and product requirements
- Understand the the Focals system architecture and critical to function design constraints
- Be able to communicate the key performance indicators, and enunciate the prioritization for the current product generation
- Within 8 weeks you will:
- Develop the display system specification and lead the team through requirement decomposition to each subsystem
- Create a test plan against the display subsystem and communicate a strategy for execution
- Within 6 months you will:
- Take on leadership of the Display Systems project
- Incorporate models of architecture components into a system simulation
- Lead the team through product design phases, ensuring that design goals are met
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrable experience is required in the following areas:
- Developing measurable specifications for display or projection systems
- Leading highly technical project teams through multiple design phases, including design validation
- Leading product architecture design including identification and selection of electrical components and architecture modelling
Bonus Points For:
- Electrical or firmware contributions to display and projection systems
- Experience validating designs using your own evaluation or test platforms
- Designing semiconductor laser-based systems
- Experience with laser regulatory requirements.
- Consumer product development
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.