Product Validation Specialist
You’re a hands-on problem-solver who uses critical thinking and structured approaches to gather and interpret test results. You are comfortable creating experiments and test plans and hacking equipment together to get the data you need to ensure next-generation product designs exceed expectations. You’ll work to ensure hardware design engineers have the best information possible during the full design cycle of all the latest awesome products. If you’re comfortable validating and troubleshooting multidisciplinary projects by creating and using new testing methods and you’re excited to be part of a young, cutting-edge technology company, then this job may be for you!
Fill a hardware validation role on the Product Validation team. This junior validation technician/technologist will have 2+ years of experience in a technical role that involves operating test equipment and gathering/analysing test results. Experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Solving complex engineering problems by examining their failure modes and mechanisms then testing out solutions.
- Comfortable around standard or custom test equipment, including data acquisition and post-analysis.
- Getting to the root cause of complicated design problems and communicating the results to developers.
- The basics of mechanical systems and some material properties
- Within 15 days,
- Fully understand existing product requirements from a high-level.
- Comfortable operating established validation testing and compiling results.
- Within 30 days,
- Familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of current validation testing and comfortable reporting high-quality results to developers.
- Formulating ideas to customize validation test plans in response to new findings or design changes.
- Within 60 days,
- Mastered various pieces of key validation test equipment, and created clear and succinct reporting of results.
- Can provide valuable input on creating new test plans wrt form, fit and function as well as reliability and environmental concerns.
Bonus Points For:
- Worked within the consumer electronics or automotive industries
- Familiar with properties of paints, plastics, glass and metals
- Worked in a lab environment
- Programming in C++ and/or MatLab, adept with MS Word and MS Excel
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.