Software Test Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
You enjoy taking the time to understand how large scale cloud services interact, thinking about where the failures might occur, and creating scripts/tests to figure out how robust they actually are. You love being part of the design team and building something new, and you bring the perspective of “what if?” to the team. You want to help build our infrastructure from the ground up and to deliver a robust, world class backbone for our wearable products.
What you'll do:
- Be a part of a project development team responsible for building the cloud infrastructure used by all our wearable products
- Develop test cases and automate these in our existing test infrastructure
- Participate in user story testing, load, performance and security testing for our infrastructure
- Be a subject matter expert to other teams on how our cloud infrastructure works
What you need:
- 3+ years experience testing back end components and services
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs and ability to identify good vs bad API design
- Experience with security testing on cloud infrastructures.
- Strong programming skills in python or similar language
- Experience working in Scrum teams and estimating test effort
- Strong planning/time management skills
- Experience integrating different tools such as a continuous integration server, issue tracking, and/or code repository systems
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with pytest
- Experience with Pen Testing and Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC)
- Familiarity with industry standard cloud providers (AWS/GCP)
- Familiarity with container orchestration platforms
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.