You’re an administrative professional with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills. You excel in a fast-paced environment and are able to manage and prioritize numerous and varied tasks. You pride yourself on your attention to detail and quick response time. You have previous experience as an administrative assistant, receptionist, office coordinator, or office manager, and are looking for a new challenge. The first and primary focus of this role in the beginning will be the oversight of our interview scheduling process, assisting with hiring across two office locations. You'll be based in either our manufacturing facility or from our Kitchener headquarters.
- Within the first two weeks, learn the interview coordination process and take over interview bookings and candidate handling for multiple teams.
- As the main point of contact, correspond with candidates and help them through the interview process while reflecting our high standards with an efficient and organized process
- Schedule candidates and interviewers and arrange any travel that may be required
- Within the first four weeks, learn and take over the administrative procedures for our office locations
- As the main point of contact for employees, maintain office supply inventory, keep things organized and assist with scheduling as needed
- Oversee onsite catering companies, cleaning services, and other service providers.
- Assist with shipping and receiving duties as needed
- You’ll rely on the support of and will liaise extensively with the Administrative team
- Within three months, understand more about the way all of our offices work, and make recommendations for best practices that can help the teams within operate more smoothly. Help the Administrative team develop and implement administrative procedures.
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a relevant field of study
- Experience in an administrative and/or human resources role
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office / Google Apps
- Ability to prioritize and to take initiative
- Willingness to wear multiple hats
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.