Repair Engineering Technician
You are someone who loves to be hands-on diagnosing and problem solving electronic devices. You have a proven track record in evaluating complex issues and overcoming challenges with unique and creative solutions. You have the ability to efficiently understand a problem, determine a course of action, and execute on it. You are highly organized and have the ability to communicate with a cross-section of teams.
- Within 15 days,
- Develop an understanding of the current systems in use, which include NetSuite ERP, Zendesk, Jira, Arena and our MES
- Fully understand the components of our products in development by reviewing available documentation and meeting with subject matter experts
- Gain an understanding of the product complexity including the current BOM structure
- Familiarize yourself with the System Level product requirements and also the current Manufacturing Test Requirements for each part of the build process
- Obtain a strong understanding of what data is collected in the current mfg process
- Within 30 days,
- Disassembly and diagnose internal customer returns using existing repair processes and techniques
- Document triage and diagnostic results in appropriate systems
- Communicate the results with appropriate teams including Customer Care, Manufacturing, Engineering
- Document materials required and used in the repair activity
- Begin to create product diagnostic guides and tools
- Within 60 days,
- Perform repairs, including documenting and recording actions taken
- Create repair guidelines and tools
- Lead and direct meetings with other team members reviewing return triage and diagnostic results and repair actions taken
- Provide feedback to manufacturing and design teams on DFx improvements to support repair
Bonus points for:
- 5+ years experience in a Repair Technician role
- Work experience in the consumer electronics industry
- Experience working with diagnostic systems, test fixtures, and intricate assemblies
- Participated in the transition from NPI to Mass Production
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.