Bridgit is looking for an experienced Front End Developer to join our talented team. You’ll primarily help build and maintain our web clients and, most importantly, make our customers happy. As an experienced front end developer, you’ll join an existing team to help design, experiment, test, build, and support our current app (and whatever comes next!).
We work as an integrated product-development team. Designers, developers, and testers all work together with no silos or artificial barriers. We work in iterative sprints and spend a lot of time ensuring the team understands "the why" of any work they’re doing in addition to "the what". Additionally, we believe in “T-Shaped” skill sets so if you’ve got interests and skills beyond just ‘front end development’ we’d love to hear about it and help you grow!
- ‘Focus Day’: once a week, the team works from wherever they feel most productive, and meetings are banned
- Short summer hours: in the summer months, work ends on Friday at noon
- Weekly socials: we kick off the weekend with company-wide socials Fridays at 4pm
- Unlimited vacation: you read that right
Here at Bridgit we use Macs and we run our systems on Linux. Quite a few of us use Windows at home and feel no shame about it. By default you’ll get a Mac, but if you can make a compelling case for a non-Mac running Linux, we’re listening... We’re happily 100% cloud-hosted with nothing on-prem, and nothing in a co-lo. We’re going to keep it that way but how, where, and what are open for discussion.
- Minimum three years of experience in a similar role or capacity
- Solid front-end development skills (JS, CSS, HTML)
- Experience with React SPAs is a plus
- A solid understanding of the modern web: http response codes, REST, http/2, websockets, bundling, minification, etc.
- Experience managing source code with git
- A desire to learn and grow with your peers
- Some experience developing and shipping SaaS (or a strong desire to do so)
- Experience developing, deploying, and debugging software that is efficient
- A desire to stay up to date on current technologies and development methods
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or ample practical experience
- Any experience with GraphQL is a plus
- You’ll be exposed to Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Helm, Yarn, Jira, Github, and more - Experience with any of those is a plus
We recognize many of the skills we’ve developed over our careers are often transferable. Creativity, enthusiasm, and drive are the keys to success and if you’re not sure you meet every qualification but you’re excited about the role and where we’re going, please apply.