Program Manager (CENGN/ENCQOR)
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
Reporting to the Director, Advanced Technology Platforms, the Program Manager will oversee the successful development, implementation and execution of Business Support Programs for CENGN, a private-public initiative to accelerate the commercialization process of next generation networking technology and ENCQOR, a private-public initiative to establish the first Canadian pre-commercial corridor of 5G digital infrastructure — the key to making the digital economy a reality.
CENGN & ENCQOR Business Support Programs:
- Develop, implement and execute the following programs, services and events:
- Mentorship Platform - investigate and create an on-demand solution for mentorship/coaching service delivery
- Mentorship Program - manage our Data Growth Coach service, in conjunction with the Strategic Growth Team
- Funded & Unfunded projects - back-up support for participant onboarding
- Other Events - Info sessions, workshops, etc.
- Data Innovation Zone (DIZ) offering - space and shared resource for enterprises focused on solving a data challenge through collaboration with startups and scale-ups
- Help recruit startups, large companies, government funders and other collaborators into the programs
- Develop and control program deadlines, budgets and activities
- Prepare reports for senior leadership on project status and health
- Work with Reporting Specialist as required to ensure all program metrics are collected and correct
- Represent the SI team at events where required
- Build relationships with other groups within Communitech in support of the various initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned. All duties subject to change
The HR stuff…
- 5+ years of experience in working in multi-stakeholder environments
- Ability to understand the essence, importance and impact of a wide variety of technologies
- Interested in technology startups and entrepreneurship
- Community builder, who really cares about building and maintaining lasting relationships with companies, third parties and a broad range of departments within Communitech
- Results driven, execution oriented, comfortable with minimal direction and high expectations
- Experienced in event planning and event logistics
- Project management experience, including experienced with Salesforce, Asana, and G Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- An organized, proactive leader who can coordinate the activities of partners across multiple internal departments and external organizations;
- Innovative and experimental: she or he will have a growth mindset, and is always trying new ways to better engage the community, and,
- Willing to represent Communitech at events outside of normal working hours on occasion
Please click on the link below to create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled. Please also upload your resume and cover letter by December 19.
Start Now! http://bit.ly/2BQmi1u
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status.
More search results
Intermediate/Senior Software Engineer – Imaging S…
Huron Technologies International Inc.
Marketing and Lead Generation Manager
Project Manager | eSolutionsGroup (a GHD company)
Front End Angular Security Builder Extraordinaire