- Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
Do you wish you could transform the world through innovative hardware and software development? Does pushing the boundaries of the art-of-the-possible in digital cinema, laser illumination, digital visualization environments and projection mapping applications excite you?
Christie is experiencing tremendous growth in all of our software development areas as we create solutions that allow our customers to conceive of, and effortlessly deliver, spectacular audio visual experiences. We are embarking on major new developments centered on our world leading RGB laser based projection and LED display technologies.
We need passionate and talented engineering QA specialists like you to help us deliver robust, reliable software that is the backbone of these experiences. Be part of the team that will drive the development of new technologies that will break the bounds of current projection and LED display performance limitations.
We are currently looking for Engineering QA Specialists who will help ensure our new digital projection and LED display technology products are released meeting the high quality standards Christie is known for. This position is within the Engineering Quality Assurance group.
The successful candidate will have exhibited knowledge and experience in requirements analysis, test planning, test execution and defect tracking in professional settings. The candidate must have strong problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and have sharp attention to detail. The candidate must be comfortable eliciting information from experts when formal requirements documentation is not available, have the ability to make the right judgment calls when determining what to test and be able to prioritize tasks appropriately.
Your role at Christie:
- Analyze various requirements (such as User Stories, Use Cases, Business Requirements Documents, Design Documents) to gain an understanding of the application being tested
- Provide feedback regarding the overall quality and completeness of these documents to the appropriate stakeholders
- Create test cases based on these requirements and any other information collected (via meetings, emails, existing systems)
- Take part in Test Design Review meetings to ensure appropriate testing coverage
- Enter test cases into Perforce Helix ALM
- Assist the QA Lead in determining and coordinating test environment and data setup
- Manually execute test cases as directed
- Assist the QA Lead in identifying test cases that would be ideal candidates for automation
- Identify defects/bugs during test execution and log into Perforce Helix ALM
- Work with Developers to help troubleshoot defects
- Verify/reject assigned bug fixes by retesting test cases and enter corresponding information into Perforce Helix ALM
- Report testing status/progress and issues to QA Lead
- Participate in Scrums and various team meetings
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience analyzing requirements, constructing and executing test cases, tracking defects/bugs, validating fixes and reporting results in complex, technical environments
- Competent in testing web-based, client/server and embedded systems
- Competent in use of software testing tools such as Perforce Helix ALM, MS Test Manager or HP Quality Center
- Strong understanding of SDLC
- Strong and effective communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Meticulous with a sharp attention to detail
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision and adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Must be able to work as a team player
- Must be able to prioritize and multitask
- Degree in computer science or a related discipline
Nice to Have:
- Experience with testing projection/video display technologies (LED, Laser, 4K and high-dynamic range displays)
- Experience with Linux, Video Signal Test Generators (Astro, Quantum Data) and 7th Sense Video Servers would be an asset
- Experience with Python scripting language
- Experience with test automation tools such as HP QuickTest Professional, IBM Rational Robot, Selenium or WinAutomation
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening. Christie engages a third party vendor to complete all background screening. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.