IT Help Desk Technician
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate
If you are looking to continue your career in IT, consider this exciting opportunity at our Whitby, ON office! We are currently looking for an IT Help Desk Technician to join our Information Services group providing desk-side and remote support for GHD’s computing environment to our staff. This is a 6 month contract with a possibility of an extension.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for Server, Workstations and Helpdesk
- Assist users with application and operating system problems and resolve their computing requirements in a timely manner
- Accurately log all client requests in the Service Desk ticketing system
- Diagnose and resolve client issues related to hardware, telephone, printers, software etc. including upgrades
- Escalate and coordinate reported incidents to other relevant internal IS department (i.e. Systems, Network, Software, Security, etc.) providing appropriate background information.
- Contribute to the close-working and effective function of the IS team
- Be an active member of a supportive and customer service oriented team
- Maintenance of network & non-network computers
- Follow standard Service Desk procedures, IS Security, administration, access controls etc.
- Installation & control of approved software applications being used by the company if Help Desk is not able to complete the task
- Ensure that all issues logged are tagged, tracked and resolved at the earliest to minimize downtime
- Perform asset management activities, both hardware and software in accordance with GHD policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility for own workload, coordinating and monitoring specific tasks.
- Adherence to GHD’s values, Codes of Conduct, Policies & Procedures
- Patient attitude and ability to communicate with users of varying expertise and seniority
- Highly organized and able to deliver outcomes through determining priorities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High level of self-motivation
- Have a sense of responsibility for own actions (managing self)
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Requires a post-secondary education in IT-related Help Desk training, and minimum 2 years of experience.
- Requires a solid understanding of
- Windows 7/10 desktop environment and networking in a global corporate environment
- Active Directory
- Ticketing systems; service desk escalations;
- PC Imaging, and new hire training
- Mobile device configuration; Microsoft Desktop products
- Excellent Time Management and Organization Skills
- Excellent Written and verbal communication abilities
- Positive attitude along with solid communications skills
- Valid driver's license
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.