Nicoya’s mission is to extend human life by enabling a deeper knowledge of the biological world. We are based in Kitchener, Ontario - Canada's Silicon Valley. Our main product OpenSPR, is a scientific instrument for the biotechnology research and development industry. It provides detailed information on molecular interactions using optical nanosensor technology known as localized surface plasmon resonance. It is the most affordable SPR instrument on the market and will disrupt an industry that has been primarily dominated by highly expensive and complex instrumentation.
About the Job:
We are looking for a passionate and coachable individual who has a desire to be part of a growing early stage company. At Nicoya, we love to work hard and play hard. Our team is expanding and we need more talented people to join our mission! We are looking for an energetic and driven sales development representative to help ramp up sales of OpenSPR. Don’t be fooled though, this isn’t your average sales position. We are looking for an educator. Our ideal candidate has a combined science and business background and 1-3 years of experience in a sales or customer service role. Our ideal candidate will have experience selling a technical, scientific piece of equipment to academic labs, government labs, and businesses, but candidates with all levels of experience will be considered.
Who you are:
You love a challenge and you’re a life-long learner. You want to provide researchers with tools that will make research simple for them and help them get the data they need to make a difference in the world. You love stepping out of the comfort zone while also keeping track of your day-to-day tasks. You want to be a part of a thriving small team and you have great communication skills. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging problems. You’re a quick learner and you know when to move on from something when it isn’t working. You are looking to grow your career at an exciting biotech company!
- Generate and qualify leads for the OpenSPR product
- Aggressively work through entire sales qualification process to exceed opportunity revenue targets
- Work with Account executive/SDR team to streamline lead transition process
- Make "smarketing" a priority - collaborate with marketing department on projects and goals
- Manage and update the CRM database
- Contact leads via phone and email, perform web meetings
- Research and build new accounts (i.e.sending emails, strategic calling, LinkedIn)
- Research and evaluate new markets and business opportunities, prospect for new leads
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities & pipeline attribution
- Understand our customers' research and apply SPR to their unique research area
- Continuously innovate the sales process to be at the forefront of sales, business and technology
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Able to operate with minimal direction and supervision
- Hard working, enthusiastic, and outgoing
- Formal training in science, biotechnology, Lifesciences, chemistry, materials science, or related fields
- Previous experience in an academic or industrial research or development setting
- Previous experience in a sales role for scientific instruments or other technical products is a plus
- Experience with CRM software is a plus
If we've described you, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply directly to the attention of Matthew Bastin. Deadline for this role is November 30, 2018.