Account Executive - Full-time
Nicoya’s mission is to extend human life by enabling a deeper knowledge of the biological world. We are based in Kitchener, Ontario - Canada's Silicon Valley. Our main product OpenSPR, is a scientific instrument for the biotechnology research and development industry. It provides detailed information on molecular interactions using optical nanosensor technology known as localized surface plasmon resonance. It is the most affordable SPR instrument on the market and will disrupt an industry that has been primarily dominated by highly expensive and complex instrumentation.
About the Job:
We are looking for a passionate and coachable individual who has a desire to be part of a growing early stage company. At Nicoya, we love to work hard and play hard. Our team is expanding and we need more talented people to join our mission! We are looking for an energetic and driven account executive to help ramp up sales of OpenSPR. Don’t be fooled though, this isn’t your average sales position. We are looking for an educator. Our ideal candidate has a combined science and business background and 2-5 years of experience in a sales or customer service role. Our ideal candidate will have experience selling a technical, scientific piece of equipment to academic labs, government labs, and businesses, but candidates with all levels of experience will be considered.
Who you are:
You love a challenge and you’re a life-long learner. You want to provide researchers with tools that will make research simple for them and help them get the data they need to make a difference in the world. You love stepping out of the comfort zone while also keeping track of your day-to-day tasks. You want to be a part of a thriving small team and you have great communication skills. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging problems. You’re a quick learner and you know when to move on from something when it isn’t working. You are looking to grow your career at an exciting biotech company!
- Close qualified deals for the OpenSPR product
- Aggressively work through entire sales process (sale to purchase order) to exceed revenue targets and maintain a healthy pipeline
- Work with SDR team to streamline lead transition process
- Make smarketing a priority - collaborate with marketing department on projects and goals
- Manage and update the CRM database - take accountability for your numbers
- Contact leads via phone and email, perform web demonstrations and presentations (in-person occasionally)
- Research and build new accounts (i.e.sending emails, strategic calling, LinkedIn)
- Travel to local and exciting places! Represent Nicoya at international conferences and product shows
- Collaborate with sales director & CEO to research and evaluate new markets and business opportunities, prospect for new leads
- Work with Customer Success Scientist team - contribute to a successful buyer's journey
- Achieve monthly quotas of closed sales
- Understand our customers' research and apply SPR to their unique research area
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Able to operate with minimal direction and supervision
- Hard working, enthusiastic, and outgoing
- Loves challenges and is motivated by numbers
- Formal training in science, biotechnology, Lifesciences, chemistry, materials science, or related fields
- Previous experience in an academic or industrial research or development setting
- Previous experience in a sales role for scientific instruments or other technical products is a plus
- Experience with CRM software
If we've described you, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply directly through this portal to the attention of Tijana Matovic. Applications that do not exist in the portal will not be considered.