Nicoya’s mission is to extend human life by enabling a deeper knowledge of the biological world. We are based in Kitchener, Ontario - Canada's Silicon Valley. Our main product Open SPR, is a scientific instrument for the biotechnology research and development industry. It provides detailed information on molecular interactions using optical nanosensor technology known as localized surface plasmon resonance. It is the most affordable SPR instrument on the market and will disrupt an industry that has been primarily dominated by highly expensive and complex instrumentation.
About the Job:
We are looking for a passionate scientist who is seeking experience beyond the lab and has a desire to be part of a growing company. At Nicoya, we love to work hard and play hard. Our team is expanding, and we need more talented people to join our mission! We are looking for an energetic Customer Success Scientist who will provide technical support to our customer base. This role is not your typical technical support representative; it will put your scientific knowledge and problem-solving skills to the test! Each support case is unique, providing new challenges every day. As a Customer Success Scientist, you will work closely with our customers to provide training and personalized support in experimental design, troubleshooting and optimization. Our ideal candidate has experience in scientific research and teaching roles and enjoys working with people. Experience performing SPR or related experiments is a plus!
Who you are:
You thrive off problem-solving, and love to teach and work with people. You want to work closely with innovative researchers to help them get the data they need to make a difference in the world. You want to be a part of a dynamic team, you are very organized and have excellent communication skills. You are motivated by making a positive impact on both your workplace and your customers, and are looking to grow your career at an exciting biotech company!
- Provide personal technical support to our customer base, including experimental design and optimization, as well as troubleshooting hardware and experiments via telephone, email and in-person visits
- Lead remote (web) training sessions for new customers
- Occasionally travel to perform in-person installation and training for new OpenSPR or Open SPR-XT users
- Develop new training materials and technical resources to help improve the customer experience
- Develop and lead online webinars teaching SPR concepts
- Aid in the development and optimization of SPR experiments with a variety of samples ranging from proteins, peptides, small molecules, aptamers, RNA/DNA, lipids, etc
- Assist in performing Quality Assurance on instruments before shipping
- Support the sales team with technical inquiries from leads
- Perform SPR training to members of the Nicoya team
- Help test new products produced by Nicoya Lifesciences
- Provide product feedback to the product development and sales teams on how the instrument and user experience can be improved
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Hands-on experience running standard biochemical and biophysical analysis techniques
- 2+ Years of experience performing scientific projects (especially employing SPR and other biophysical characterization techniques)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational qualities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and handle diverse responsibilities
- The ability to work both independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to operate with minimal direction and supervision
- A hard working, enthusiastic, and outgoing demeanor
- Experience in a customer facing role is a plus
More search results
Business Development Representative
Reis Information Systems
Channel Sales Program Manager
Christie Digital Systems Canada, Inc.
Inside Sales Representative (Bilingual)
Christie Digital Systems Canada, Inc.
Sales Development Representative - Full-time
Digital Marketing Coordinator (Full-Time)