- ANSYS Canada Ltd.
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Who is ANSYS?
ANSYS is the world leader in engineering simulation. Up to 80% of the cost of a product’s development is determined by the decisions you make early in the design process, and ANSYS helps its customers reduce this cost with physical simulation tools to make better decisions quicker. Customers use ANSYS simulation products to digitally explore design concepts and test critical design choices early in the product life cycle.
What is ANSYS Discovery?
ANSYS Discovery is a new product suite that pushes past the traditional barriers of engineering simulation for the design engineer. Discovery Live provides instantaneous 3D simulation, tightly integrated with direct geometry modeling, to enable interactive design exploration and rapid product innovation. It is an interactive experience in which you can manipulate geometry, materials and physics, and instantly see changes in performance. Discovery AIM combines intuitive guided workflows, accurate simulation results, and optimization in a complete simulation tool.
The Software Developer II role entails designing and implementing new infrastructure, features, and user experience for the ANSYS Discovery Suite.
The successful candidate will join a development team that is responsible for bringing new ideas and features to life, producing an immersive and intuitive user experience, and seeing the product through all stages of the software development lifecycle. They can expect to work closely with product management, UX designers, and testers in a dynamic environment. There will be focus on delivering a high quality product, in which optimization and system integration are key factors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Minimum 5 years professional development experience
- Strong understanding of C#/.NET
- Previous UI development experience, including working with MVVM and MVC patterns
- Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation, PRISM, multi-threading, LINQ
- Understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Git, Team Foundation Server, and/or C++
- Code-level experience with computer-aided design & engineering concepts
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
**Please apply using the following link** - https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ANSYS&cws=1&rid=6790