As a key member of the Marketing organization, the Business Development Representative is responsible for generating pipeline for the sales organization. To this end, you will work closely with a Sales Director and take initiative to introduce Tulip to senior executives from across retail. This will require you to be creative as you communicate via phone, email and social media to challenge the way that retail leadership views their business and instill a sense of urgency to solve their current challenges by partnering with Tulip.
The ideal candidate will see this role as an entry point to a career in sales, marketing or customer success. You will be a vociferous advocate for Tulip’s solutions, be comfortable with ambiguity and be motivated to exceed your assigned targets.
What you'll do:
- Proactively reach out to senior executives at leading retail brands across North America by phone, email and social media to schedule qualified meetings for the sales organization
- Develop awareness of and interest in Tulip within your assigned geographic territory by attending industry events, keeping an active social media presence, performing basic financial statement analysis, cold outreach etc.
- Participate in and contribute to weekly sales, product and demand marketing meetings
What you'll need:
- University or College degree, preferably in business or marketing
- Comfort speaking over the phone and making 30+ cold calls each day
- Prior experience in retail (strong asset), customer service or sales (asset)
- Strong interest in retail and brand marketing
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.