- Aeryon Labs Inc.
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability, and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
We are looking to hire an experienced Engineer to develop requirements for next generation wireless applications including radar, communication and navigation systems. An individual who is a proven expert in the certifications and regulatory requirements in our industry who thrives when faced with a challenge.
As a Senior Wireless System Engineer you will:
- Be responsible for high level design including the component selection and evaluation.
- Characterize the system level performance against specifications in collaboration with other disciplines including mechanical, electrical and software.
- Prepare detailed documentation for certifications and regulatory requirements.
- Keep abreast of changes in industry practices and emerging technologies in the communication sector by reviewing current literature, attending meetings or workshops, participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Mentor colleagues on your expertise knowledge base.
You are meticulous, conscientious, analytical, objective-driven individual who is a quick learner. Detail-oriented and deliberate in your approach to managing, documenting, and solving technically complex programs and processes. This is balanced by exceptional interpersonal skills – you can “sell” ideas across functions and levels, both inside and outside the organization. Throughout your career you have stood apart from your peers by virtue of exceptionally fast, yet comprehensive and high-quality delivery of work product. You have extensive industry experience in aerospace and/or defense sectors, and clearly understand and can execute within the constructs of “aviation-grade” or “MIL-spec” programs and customer requirements.
What you bring
- Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, System Engineering, or related discipline.
- At least 10 years of experience in a related technical field including 5 years of experience in the field of RF hardware design and testing.
- Expertise with lab measurement equipment - Spectrum Analyzer, Vector Network Analyzer or call box familiarity.
- Proficient with link budget calculation and experience with at least one of the following, PA matching, LNA matching or antenna matching.
- Transceiver design with MatLab and FPGA in addition to familiarity with the OSI layer from physical to layer 2 is a bonus.
If you can bring proven experience in these, we really want to talk to you about us!
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require accommodation in completing the application process, or with any portion of the application process or interview please email email@example.com or call (519) 489-6726