Senior Software Developer - Innovation Team
As a member of the Tulip Innovation team you will have the exciting opportunity to develop brand new features and maintain existing web applications to meet the huge demand for Tulip’s capabilities. You will build things quickly, iteratively, and try to get in front of real users within months.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate for this position is a thoughtful problem solver who can easily adapt to the changing requirements and quickly learn new technologies. They are passionate about developing modern, consumer-facing web applications, who can balance empathy to end-user with technical and legal compliance requirements. They are eager to break down large technical problems and solve them directly and through active mentorship of other team members.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Diagnose and resolve complex issues impacting client/server side applications and RESTful API’s.
- Build and maintain product integrations into our partner ecosystems
- Perform code reviews
- Assist Technical Leads in resolving and communicating internal and external customer related issues
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of software application development
- Proven experience building node.js web applications
- Experience in maintaining high traffic, highly available public facing web applications
- Be fluent in HTML5, CSS3, and understand responsive design
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL, including optimization and performance tuning
- Ability to mentor more junior members of the team
- Strong troubleshooting skills to diagnose and resolve production issues
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station
- Creative community space in our Communitech home in Kitchener
What we do:
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.