As Tulip is growing at rocket speed, we need to expand our professional QA and testing organization to support the release activities while maintaining the higher quality standards. The QA team within Tulip is not only focussed on finding defects but works closely with the development and customer-facing teams to prevent defects. They work with the latest technology stack and are encouraged to use tools that will increase their efficiency. Every tester is equipped with a Mac laptop and iPad to test Tulip’s world-class iOS product offerings. Tulip is looking for an Intermediate Software Developer in test to support and contribute to Tulip’s automation efforts for mobile and cloud.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for testing with an attitude to break the application. You are a skilled developer wearing a QA hat with a unusual attention to detail. You not only have a hunger to learn new tools but are not afraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo. You are eager to build their knowledge and career in the fast-paced retail industry.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Support and drive Tulip’s mobile and cloud automation infrastructure by designing and executing automation scripts using various frameworks for web and iOS
- Conduct manual testing (< 20%) for modules not automated
- Build and maintain QA environments for manual and automation
- Meaningfully contribute to test strategies, test automation, performance benchmarking, internationalization testing and threat modeling.
- Support to drive practices to build in quality by leading cultural change across peers, teams, and partners; lead whole team quality ownership resulting in sustainable development and releases of high quality experiences.
- Guide and support the product integrity through strong partnerships with the Development, Delivery and Customer Success team
What you'll need:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years in the software industry
- Must have been in a technical or automation QA position for at least one year
- Must have experience automating mobile, (especially iOS applications) and Web applications
- Strong knowledge of Objective-C/Swift
- Strong knowledge of API and different automation framework
- Experience writing test automation, test plans, conducting code reviews
- Experience thinking data centric, evaluating success using key metrics, and the ability to help drive intelligent decisions for product quality through data and observation.
- Familiarity with GitLab, GitHub, Python, Jenkins, REST, ODATA tools a plus
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station
- Creative community space in our Communitech home in Kitchener
What we do:
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.