Software Development Team Lead - Platform
Tulip Retail is the world’s first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Toys”R”Us believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of store associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to the product information, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Our Platform team focuses on faster delivery of value for Tulip and our customers through a scalable and extensible mobile, web and cloud platform. We’re a small, but rapidly growing team that builds frontend and backend frameworks and shared services leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
Who you are:
- The ideal candidate for this position is a thoughtful problem solver who can easily adapt to the changing requirements and quickly learn new technologies.
- You are passionate about developing modern platforms.
- You are eager to break down large technical problems and solve them directly and through active mentorship of other team members.
- When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience.
- We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft.
- We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Architect and lead the development of backend services
- Improve application performance and scalability
- Diagnose and resolve complex issues impacting client/server side applications
- Mentor other developers in the team
- Perform code reviews
- Establish best practices for the team and across Tulip
- Collaborate with other teams.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of software application development
- Proven experience building and shipping high-traffic, highly available backend services
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL, including optimization and performance tuning
- Ability to mentor more junior members of the team
- Strong troubleshooting skills to diagnose and resolve production issues
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.