Full Stack Developer - Innovation Lab
- Kitchener - Communitech
- Full time
- Full Stack Developer
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Our Innovation Lab is scaling up – this is your chance to be part of the innovation team from the ground up! You’ll need to be equipped with full-stack experience and know how to build or enhance anything that may come your way. You’ll work hand in hand with business leaders from across the company to ignite innovative action, bringing the creativity, network, skills and tools required to rapidly identify and explore new ideas.
We think like a start-up to evaluate concepts, integrate feedback, and develop prototypes that push creative and technical boundaries. The projects that come our way will touch countless technologies, and change regularly – so everybody needs to adapt. We will work as a team and take on challenges, but there will be a lot of figuring things out together along the way.
You’re great at...
- Developing and planning prototypes that demonstrate how new and emerging tools and technologies provide business value.
- Working end to end – data, cloud services, web app, app UI – your diverse knowledge of software development helps you move fast.
- Required skills:
- AWS Services EC2, RDS, API Gateway, Lambda, etc.
- Full Stack, preferably with experience in Node.js on the back end.
- Front end frameworks such as, React, Vue, or Angular.
- Experience with native mobile development (Android and iOS) and using hardware capabilities: QR code reading, NFC for data exchange, etc.
- Advancing all our projects by being involved in the research, planning, and day to day management of our development activities.
- Working with a variety of different skilled team members and mentoring co-op developers.
Who are you?
- You are invigorated by change – ready to switch gears at any time. Any domain, any tech stack, any time – you’re in.
- You are great at sharing your work both with demonstration and documentation.
- You can build prototypes – they don’t have to be industrial grade off the bat, but speed and agility are definite requirements.
- You are collaborative – willing to work with our corporate teams, partners, start-ups, and academia as required.
- You’ve worked on a variety of software projects with 2+ years professional experience.
- You are open to working on interesting side projects using different technologies beyond your expertise.
- You have a degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
Interac Corp. operates an economical, world-class debit payments system with broad-based acceptance, reliability, security, and efficiency. The organization is one of Canada's leading payments brands and is chosen an average of 16 million times daily to pay and exchange money. For more than 30 years, Interac Corp. and its predecessors, Interac Association and Acxsys Corporation, have facilitated secure financial transactions through the development of innovative and convenient debit and money transfer solutions. A leader in the prevention and detection of fraud, the organization has one of the lowest rates of fraud globally. Visit interac.ca or follow @INTERAC on Twitter. Interac Corp. has a diverse group of shareholders that includes banks, credit unions, caisses populaires, payment processors and merchants.
Interac Corp. believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the Human Resources department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process or want more information about our Accessibility Policy,