- Job Function
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
You are passionate about process efficiencies in Finance and seek ways of replacing manual tasks with automated workflows in order to deliver timely and accurate financial information. You have developed a good understanding of Finance ERPs (knowledge NetSuite will be an added advantage) and have a strong attention to detail. You love diving in and taking on interesting and challenging projects that support the accounting function and the business as a whole. In addition, you are interested in handling transactional accounting activities as you can, to take pride in knowing they’ve all been completed accurately and within deadlines.
You will be integrating technology with innovative thinking to execute and improve upon numerous accounting duties. You will drive improvements in processes and automation to support the efficient scaling of the growing accounting department.
- Within your first month:
- Participate in month end transaction processing, including reconciliations
- Support the Accountant and master the accounting and reporting processes
- Familiarize yourself with the Chart of Accounts and key relationships that have a significant or complex impact on the financial reporting
- Forge relationships and collaborate with key personnel in Purchasing, FP&A and with other communities
- Within your first 3 months:
- Support the Accountant in closing the month end for our North American subsidiaries and preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Actively collaborate with FP&A team to ensure the actual results are in line with the budgets
- Understand the accounting enhancement road-map, and actively support the Controller in delivery of critical projects like the Fixed Assets sub-ledger roll out, vendor payment automation, automation of bank reconciliations etc
- Support automation in departments and projects allocation processes
- After your first 3 months:
- Continue to identify areas for continuous improvement and proceed in developing the necessary processes and systems
- Seek ways to bring efficiencies into our month-end process and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Continue to develop deeper relationship with the FP&A team to understand the budgets and ensure accurate reporting of actual results
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting (or related field)
- CPA designation or on course to getting qualified
- 5-7 years of experience in accounting roles
- Extremely strong attention to detail with a keen focus on accuracy of numbers and financial data
- Unparalleled organizational skills to ensure that no tasks or issues are ever missed or forgotten
- Able to understand the levers of NetSuite ERP system particularly the inter-dependencies between modules and general ledger.
- Capable of taking on and handling tasks independently, as well as working with different levels within the organization
- Keen analytical abilities with a capacity to proactively assess and investigate potential deficiencies and inaccuracies in financial reporting
- Adept at both oral and written communication across all departments in an organization
- Enhanced problem-solving skills along with the capacity to devise innovative solutions to tweak and improve accounting processes
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheet, accounting systems, ERPs, as well as general tech savvy to adapt to different platforms
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a tech start-up environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using NetSuite, especially with respect to integrating different NetSuite modules
- Experience in each major accounting function as part of full-cycle accounting
- Knowledge of and experience with US GAAP
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
North, formerly Thalmic Labs, builds products that change the way we see and engage with our world. North’s latest product, Focals, are custom-built glasses with a display only the wearer can see. Focals let you see texts, get turn-by-turn directions, check the weather, request an Uber, ask Alexa, and more — seamlessly and immediately. Founded in 2012, North has grown to a world-leading team of engineers, researchers, designers, and creators committed to building a future where technology is there when you need it and gone when you don’t, hidden by design.