Accounting & Administrative Assistant
Digital-who? If you’ve never heard of us, it’s because we’re new!
Well, new-ish. DigitalEd is a spin off company from Maplesoft, a Waterloo-based mathematics company with 30 years of experience. Our focus is to create digital technology that enhances online STEM education. With the energy and excitement that feels like a startup and our 15-year presence in the education market, we’re poised to make a serious contribution to improving education worldwide.
If you want to make a difference and help improve the future of online education, come join our team.
We're looking for an energetic and motivated Accounting and Administrative Assistant to join our Accounting Team. You will own the maintenance and processing of accounting transactions with a focus on accounts payable. You will also play an integral role in keeping our office organized and running smoothly.
- Review and verify invoices and cheque requests
- Code and enter invoices into accounting system
- Track travel expenses and process expense reports
- Reconcile all transactions on company credit card accounts, monitor credit card usage
- Prepare and process cheque runs and electronic transfers/payments in multiple currencies
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions and allocate prepaid expense as required
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with vendors, respond to inquiries, and maintain vendor files
- Prepare bank deposits and process at bank
- Maintain the capital assets and prepaid documentation
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing procedures and reporting activities
- Redirect incoming general phone calls when assistance is required
- Process outgoing and distribution of incoming mail
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Ensure meeting rooms are set up for meetings and supplies are put away when meetings conclude
- Coordinate catering requirements, as necessary
- Other administrative tasks required to keep us organized
Education and Experience:
- College diploma or equivalent accounting experience
- Knowledge of Excel, Quickbooks, Google Apps
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Understanding of basic accounting principles, strong numerical skills
What you’ll need:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy, strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and to take initiative and willingness to wear multiple hats
- Ability to work independently and in a team, ability to collaborate when solving problems
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy due to the nature of the work
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle
Working at DigitalEd
DigitalEd is committed to providing every employee with professional growth opportunities, a supportive work environment, excellent compensation, and health benefits from the day you start. Our Waterloo, Ontario office provides a corporate concierge service and access to a fully equipped fitness facility.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply today! We’re waiting for you.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you. Additionally, in order to promote and enhance the security of DigitalEd and our platform, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check