Build and Release Engineer
- Ward Technology Talent
- Job Function
- Engineering, IT & Systems Admin
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and proactive Build and Release Engineer. To be successful in this role, you must have knowledge of CI/CD concepts and be comfortable participating in all aspects of building, branching, merging, and automation. This is an exciting position perfect for someone who is an open-minded team leader with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Primary point of contact for the release management duties; will divide work and organize the release management team.
• Organizing the priorities within the group.
• Take a strong technical lead in managing the day-to-day tasks and coordinating priorities between the release management team and the rest of the business (Network Services, Development and QA)
• Develop and apply consistent, standardized build and deployment processes.
• Automating tasks using scripting languages.
• Be flexible and prepared to work closely with development and QA teams, clearly communicating the status of tasks.
• Manage deployment of builds to different environments and assist qualification of builds through release process.
• Setup and configure various configuration management, build, deployment, and release tools
• You will lead proof-of-concept projects.
• Self-starter who can take direction, work independently toward objectives, and manage changing priorities.
• The ability to quickly learn and experiment with new technologies to implement solutions that meet requirements and provide value.
• An innate curiosity about technology and how technology can solve problems.
• Demonstrate a willingness to take feedback and adapt solutions where appropriate.
• Must be results-oriented and able to manage conflicting priorities with tight deadlines.
• Ability to deliver high-quality work and keep the work documented, both in-line and separately.
• 5+ years of professional experience with demonstrated progressive responsibility in software development, deployment, and related backend and configuration technologies.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience working in cloud environments such as Azure or AWS.
• Knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery, automated testing, and the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Extensive with Microsoft technologies.
• Experience with Azure DevOps.
• Experience with Git.
• Experience with DSC (Desired State Configuration).
• Experience with Linux.
• Understanding of infrastructure as code using tools such as Ansible or Chef.
• Scripting with PowerShell, Python.
• Experience with build and deployment automation tools such as Octopus Deploy.
• Build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and developer support tools.
• Set up and configure various configuration management, build, deployment, and release tools.
• Experience supporting an Agile environment to manage
• Experience supporting multiple software products.
How to stand above the crowd:
• Experience with AWS automation.
• Experience with Octopus.
• Experience with both Windows and Linux.
• Experience with Git.
• Experience with MSSQL or similar databases.
• Experience with container technologies like Docker or Kubernetes (highly preferred).
• Working knowledge of coding using the .NET stack.