Event & Sponsorship Logistics Coordinator (Contract from January to July 2019)
- Job Function
- Professional Services
- Job Type
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
- Work closely with the Head of Business Development on tracking, coordinating and executing all conference sponsorship deliverables
- Execute on sponsor logistics including (but not limited to):
- True North Waterloo Opening Reception
- Sponsor activations on-site at event
- Coordinate and execute Hub Unplugged event series, Pizza with the Prez event series and Community events
- Research, coordinate and manage speakers for Pizza with the Prez event series in collaboration with the Strategic Growth Team.
- Communicate with external vendors (caterers, AV, venues etc.) to ensure event runs smoothly and efficiently
- Provide on-site support for various Communitech events, load-in, setup, registration, load out etc.
- (outside of office hours will be required)
- Work with the Marketing team to develop and deliver events ensuring all event-related digital and print assets are completed
- Act as a gatekeeper and main point of contact on the True North Waterloo Info email inbox
- Coordinate, schedule and manage True North Waterloo meetings for the True North Waterloo team
- Other duties as assigned. All duties subject to change.
What success looks like:
- Sponsorship deliverables are tracked and executed per the respective contracts
- All assigned tasks are completed on time, paying close attention detail
- All event series are executed seamlessly, with a high priority on the overall attendee experience
- Emails sent to True North Info inbox are assigned and responded to within 48 business hours
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year experience working in an event related role, preferably in the Technology sector and/or with not-for-profit organizations
- Must work well as part of a team or independently
- Ability to work accurately under tight timelines and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong problem solving, assessment and evaluation skills
- Knowledge and a passion for Waterloo Region, the local tech sector and community organizations
- Proficiencies in G-Suite is an asset
- You are the biggest Team Player out there
- You are calm in a storm, and have the ability to multi-task and organize activities against constantly changing priorities
- Ability to make timely decisions
- You’ve got an eye for detail and a high degree of accuracy
Please click on the link below to create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled. Please also upload your resume and cover letter by December 13, 2018.
Start Now! http://bit.ly/2SedMP6
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status