Intermediate Database Administrator - Oracle & Postgres
- Texada Software
- Guelph, On
- Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
- Job Function
- Research & Development, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
About the Role
A DBA at Texada is responsible for (but not limited to) assisting with data migrations, customer upgrades, the SaaS Database environment, and administering the Disaster Recovery Plan. Fluency with Oracle, Linux, Python and other scripting languages is necessary, familiarity with MSSQL, Postgres or other open source databases is a bonus.
- Troubleshooting Customer issues within the application and providing a solution. Properly communicating the solution to the customer via phone and email.
- Managing & Maintaining our SaaS Databases
- Work within team circles on internal and external projects
- Planning, executing and testing the disaster recovery plan
- Linux Server administration, drive space and memory allocation
- Travel throughout Canada and the United States may be required (Under 5%)
Who WE Are:
At Texada Software, we are a fast-paced company and scaling rapidly, building to better service the Rental, Construction Asset Management and field service companies across North America, Australia, and New Zealand. Our mission is to provide a seamless combination of technology built on a unique platform that delight and empower our customers to help build a better world. We are a group of bright and passionate folks who are looking to dramatically change and improve the nature of the construction and field service industry. We pride ourselves on thinking and acting differently. We believe we are building something special and think this is a special opportunity to join a fantastic company.
Who YOU Are:
- You are a problem solver and team player
- Passionate about the start-up environment
- You are considered a lifelong learner, always challenging yourself and refining your skills
- You are someone who refuses to believe “no, we can’t do that” is an acceptable answer to a question
- People really like working with you. You are kind, social, humble, and want the best for others
- You think technology can help change the world
- You usually don’t immediately know the answer to everything – but you use available tools and seek advice to get the right answer
- You have an uncanny ability to influence people – without them knowing that you actually influenced them.
- You are highly entrepreneurial and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance. But some guidance is appreciated as you like clear direction.
Tools you would be given for your role:
- Mobile technology
- In-house software platform
- Office 365
Why join our rapidly growing company?
- We aren’t new to the tech industry; we are innovative and always building great things. How else would we have been around for over 30 years!
- Small, diverse working environment fueled by positive cultural values
- Competitive compensation (depending on experience)
- Company paid health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Dog friendly workplace
- Personal and professional growth opportunities; mentorship, tuition assistance, seminars
- Health and Wellness program
- Complimentary coffee and tea options
- Opportunity to make an impact
If you only have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply to join our team!
Texada provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or on other bases prohibited by law.