What You Will Be Doing With Us
- Manage infrastructure, both cloud and in-house.
- Lead architectural changes that improve performance and uptime.
- Develop monitoring and alerting, both technically and culturally.
- Architect highly available real-time distributed applications.
- Improve the platform’s auto-scaling capabilities.
- Maximize utilization of cloud resources to balance performance and cost.
- Perform scalbility tests in different deployment environments.
- Be the deployment specialist on our team.
Need to Haves
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Experience in software development
- Have built and maintained highly-available distributed applications.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting
- Cloud expertise (AWS, EC2, RDS).
- Build tools that streamline development and deployment.
- Strong scripting and experience building diverse, robust tooling (Python, Perl, Shell).
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (Jenkins).
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Python programming language.
- Experience as a sysadmin (Linux).
- Experience with web server deployments and tuning (nginx,apache).
- Experience with Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with Agile build and development processes.
- Excitement for learning new domains and new skills.
This is a key hire for the organization and we are looking for someone who will help create a cohesive and highly performing organization. Below are some characteristics we are looking for:
- A love for the startup environment
- Passionate about building secure, scalable infrastructure
- You believe that information and data are essential to making better decisions.
- You are comfortable using technology-enhanced sales and project management tools and have an understanding or appreciation for data-driven analysis and business metrics.
- You are exceptionally curious to listen and learn from customers.
- You are curious to learn. When something has always been done a certain way, you wonder why nobody has begun to do it differently
- You are someone who refuses to believe “no, we can’t do that,” is an acceptable answer to a question, and at times you may cause eye rolling from how often you ask the question, “why not?” of your colleagues.
- You are seeking a highly collaborative and team-oriented culture.
- People enjoy working with you. You are kind, social, humble, and want the best for others.
- You have an uncanny ability to influence people – without them knowing that you actually influenced them.
- You are highly entrepreneurial and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance. But some guidance is appreciated as you like clear direction.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, financial opportunity to participate in the success of the company, a positive work environment, and an opportunity to make an impact. You will be provided with access to Salesforce.com, mobile technology, and the ability to leverage our in-house Texada software platform to enable better decision-making.
Texada is building a technology-driven company to better service the hundreds of thousands of construction contractors and field service businesses around the world. Our mission is to provide a seamless combination of technology built on a unique platform that delight and empower our customers to help build a better world.
We are a rapidly growing company consisting of a group of bright and passionate folks who are looking to dramatically change and improve the nature of the construction and field service industry. We pride ourselves on thinking and acting differently. We believe we are building something special, and think this is a special opportunity to join a fantastic company.
Texada provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or on other bases prohibited by law.