Position: DevOps Engineer
At the forefront of Viewer Intelligence™, SSIMWAVE™ is built on an Engineering Emmy® Award-winning algorithm. SSIMWAVE is defining the future of video delivery with the most accurate measure of how humans perceive video. With SSIMWAVE technology, video distributors, networks and studios can keep up with the explosive growth of video and deliver the ultimate viewing experience™ to consumers on any screen, anywhere.
Our customers include major players in the media, entertainment and MVPD (Multichannel Video Programming Distributor) industries and our state-of-the-art products provide the most optimal way to measure, control and optimize live and file-based video.
We’re a growing team of engineers, video scientists, product and business experts. Our diverse team is driven to advance the business of video.
About the Position
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work with the DevOps and product teams to identify and manage constraints in the delivery of high-quality software at a fast pace. We are striving for the ambitious goal of multiple releases per day from trunk with tight feedback loops so that we can foster an environment of experimentation. We write Infrastructure as Code by default, encourage a culture of “scratching your own itch”, believe in documentation through code, and envision infrastructure that can be modified during business hours without disruption.
- Make high-value impacts on productivity throughout the software development lifecycle
- Enhance and maintain DevOps-sponsored tools and infrastructure
- Work on small feature teams as a DevOps consultant and/or contributor
Skill and Experience Requirements:
- Linux (RedHat and/or Debian-based distros)
- Python (we use 3.6 - moving from 2.7)
- Building software at scale (incremental build system like Bazel is a plus)
- Automated testing at scale (from unit to system)
- Cloud provisioning (we use AWS EC2, EKS, and S3 extensively)
- Continuous Integration platforms (we use Jenkins)
- Provisioning at scale (we use Terraform and Kubernetes)
- Deploying at scale (we use Ansible)
Other Desired Skills
- Container orchestration (we use Kubernetes)
- Monitoring (e.g., Datadog, Logstash, Netdata, Prometheus)
- Data-streaming platforms (e.g., Kafka, Kinesis)
- Traditional relational databases (e.g., MySQL) and modern analytic databases (e.g., MemSQL, Influx, ElasticSearch, Redis)
- RPM and Debian packaging
- Securing distributed, micro-service applications
If this opportunity interests you, please send your resume package to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance, but only candidates chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.