Student Information System and Date Research Manager
- Upper Grand District School Board
- Guelph Board Office - 500 Victoria Road N, Guelph
- $81,170.00 - $101,463.00
- Job Function
- Design & UX
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
The Upper Grand District School Board is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Student Information System (SIS) and Data Research Manager. This role manages the Application Support team whose primary duties include the administration of the student information system (Maplewood/Edsembli) and the research/stewardship of data for the construction of reports to meet the requirements of both the Ontario Ministry of Education (OnSIS reporting) and the Upper Grand District School Board. In addition, the Application Support team supports many of the board’s system-wide software applications. Reporting directly to the Associate CIO, this role requires a strong focus on applications support, customer service, data stewardship, teamwork, leadership, employee development, situation analysis, problem solving, resourcefulness and judgement. This role participates in the development and management of the IT department budget. The incumbent will serve as an IT project manager which may entail: determining requirements, developing project charters and plans, identifying and mitigating project risks, coordinating resources and tasks, communicating with stakeholders, and executing the project plan. Responsibilities also include managing both internal and vendor resources while ensuring operational practices and processes based on standard methodologies are followed.
LOCATION: Guelph Board Office - 500 Victoria Road N, Guelph, ON
SALARY: $81,170.00 to $101,463.00
- Provide daily direction and support to the Applications Support team in the gathering, analysis and presentation of data.
- Provide oversight and support of system-wide application software including application configuration, maintenance, documentation and training.
- Work closely with the Application Support team and school staff to ensure the data being gathered for reporting purposes is sufficient and of high quality.
- Work closely with departments to identify required research reports and produce these in a timely fashion.
- Work with the IT management team to develop and implement the IT Strategic Plan
- Conduct reviews of the efficiency and effectiveness of present and new applications, software services, protocols, and standards.
- Research, prepare, and present cost estimates, budget reports, capacity forecasting and application upgrade recommendations.
- Engage with colleagues in the K-12 community to bring new ideas and examples of innovative practice to the UGDSB for discussion and possible implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (preferred) or a combination of education and relevant IT experience
- Management experiences, successfully:
- Supporting and managing enterprise application software
- Managing a team of people
- Leading organizational change (people, process and technology)
- Managing IT projects
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, facilitation and customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational, research, and analytical skills
- Experience with data stewardship (collection, quality, integrity, privacy, security)
- Experience implementing IT Service Delivery using the ITIL framework
- Experience with/knowledge of information security best practices
- The following will be considered assets:
- Knowledge of enterprise application software (Maplewood, ONSIS, Compass, School Messenger, MyBlueprint, SDS – School District Systems)
- Knowledge of ONSIS reporting requirements
- Knowledge of regulations (privacy, confidentiality, equity and inclusion) in the Ontario K-12 educational sector
- Experiences with technology implementation, training, and support in an educational environment
- ITIL certification (or willingness to obtain the certification)
- PMI certification (PMP, CAPM) preferred
- IT certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, and/or Google
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License with access to a personal vehicle
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com, specifying ‘Job Code 18AE14’ in the subject line, no later than 4:00 p.m. EST on Monday, December 10, 2018. Please include with your resume a list of professional references and relevant supporting educational and/or training documentation.
Successful external candidates will be required to provide an original Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening, prior to the commencement of employment. Please note that the CRC must be dated within 6 months of the date of acceptance of employment.
Accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance to the Manager of Wellness and Employee Health.
(Board information: 1.0FTE; 12-month; permanent; full-time; Administrative Employees)
While we thank all applicants for their interest in working for the Upper Grand District School Board, we wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
…Equal Opportunity Employer…