Our Company is built on employee mutual commitment and respect, enthusiasm and progress.
Teledyne DALSA is a subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies Inc., a U.S. publicly listed enterprise, and specializes in the manufacture, design, research and development of high performance CMOS and CCD image sensors and modular expandable cameras. Teledyne DALSA's products are used worldwide in machine vision, document scanning, image capture, surveillance, process monitoring, manufacturing inspection, medical imaging, and multi media.
Senior Embedded Software Developer
We are currently seeking a highly talented and motivated developer to lead part of our Scanning Products R&D team. As a successful candidate for this role, you have excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding and systems design, solid communication skills, experience leading development teams and a desire to tackle challenges. You will use your skills and initiative within a team environment to develop novel, world-class imaging products.
What’s in it for you?
Technical Challenge – We like to do what hasn’t been done before. We push the global boundaries of science and technology in our desire to be #1 in the markets we serve.
A great place to learn and grow – We have a deep bench strength of technical staff who lead the imaging industry, both in terms of advanced education and in leadership of global imaging standards committees. We regularly work with customers who are leaders in their own industries.
Global opportunities – We have development or direct sales offices in over a dozen countries and sell to the largest industry players in almost all industrialized countries globally. Our teams regularly work in partnership with other locations of our organization or with global partners to produce novel new products.
Rewarding outcomes – We produce highly successful imaging products for use in a myriad of interesting applications – such as cell phone display inspection, assisting in medical diagnosis, genetic mapping, exploring our galaxy, enabling autonomous vehicles, or facilitating dental health, just to name a few.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of products developed by Teledyne DALSA
- Design and develop C/C++ code for an embedded platform under Linux and FreeRTOS
- Design and develop application code in C, C++ and Python in a mixed Windows and Linux environment
- Work closely with developers on end-to-end system design and integration.
- Create and oversee unit and functional tests, debug applications and drivers, document architecture and implementation
The ideal candidate quickly assimilates and integrates new knowledge, identifies the latest technologies and demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness. Our dynamic and multidisciplinary team multiplies the opportunities to excel in an environment where non-conventional tools and development techniques are welcomed. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Systems or Software Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Excellent level of autonomy, creativity and a drive to succeed
- Thorough, applied knowledge of C/C++ languages in embedded environment
- Experience developing kernel drivers and low level embedded code for operating systems such as FreeRTOS, Linux/ucLinux, QNX or similar.
- Experience developing Ethernet based products
- Experience with GNU based cross-compile toolchains and debugging tools
- Familiar with a software revision control of source code (SVN, CVS, ClearCase, Git or other)
- Demonstrated team leadership
- Familiar with Buildroot, uBoot, Gcc, CMake, Makefiles, etc.
- Familiar with ARM Cortex based architectures (ARMv7/v8, NEON)
- Familiar with software revision control (SVN, Git or Perforce)
- Experience with network protocols, CANBUS, SPI, and I2C are all preferred
- Driver Development Experience for Windows
- Image Processing Knowledge
Please quote file number DDIESD1018 and include references with your resume.
Teledyne DALSA offers competitive salary, an excellent working environment, financial incentives and opportunities for learning and promotion. Relocation assistance is also provided. Teledyne DALSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants should apply to this position through our website at www.teledynedalsa.com. No phone calls or agencies please. Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. We thank everyone who applies.