We are seeking an experienced Embedded Software Developer to help create and improve our safety critical embedded graphics and compute drivers. CoreAVI is a highly successful safety critical solution provider and has led the definition of enabling standards such as the OpenGL SC 2.0 specifications. We are a key participant within the Khronos Group defining new safety critical graphics and compute standards, as well as members of the VITA hardware standards group.
To learn more about CoreAVI or the aircraft our solutions fly in please visit www.coreavi.com
Why work for CoreAVI?
With a small but highly experienced and capable team of professionals, we have established ourselves as the world leader in safety critical graphics solutions. Our goal is to use our expertise to become the world leader in the supply of complete safety critical hardware and software solutions, all from a trusted and dependable supplier.
To be the market leader we are constantly innovating and responding to the needs of the environment, the market and our customers. At CoreAVI we recognize that our employees are paramount to our success and that innovation is fostered by the environment that we create for our team. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people feel valued, feel inspired to innovate and most of all, have fun doing it. So, if you are looking to join an organization which truly understands the meaning of work-life balance, fosters a talented and supportive team, and creates safety critical products relied upon worldwide, we want to hear from you.
Here are some of the main reasons our team enjoy working at CoreAVI:
- Technically challenging and rewarding work. Working on the leading edge of new CPU and GPU technology, our team is always doing something new and innovative.
- Teamwork. Everyone says it, but we really have it. Our team will not watch one-person struggle with an issue, they really do support them.
- Flexible working environment. We recognize that the pressures of everyday life mean flexibility is important to our staff.
- Small Company Culture. As we have grown from a small company to the larger one that we are today, we have maintained the values we have always had. A great sense of camaraderie and a small management team that make decisions fast allows us to be nimble and get our products to market first
- A company that is growing. If we are not pushing technology forward, we are falling back and that’s why we’re not frightened to lead the market with innovative new products that our customers need both now and in the future.
As CoreAVI continues to grow and expand into new markets, we need creative, self-driven individuals to join our team and share in our success. So, if you like the sound of what our team enjoys today, and you want to be part of our tomorrow, here’s what we are looking for.
Why Be Excited About this Position?
- You will get the opportunity to work on the lowest levels of software stack directly interfacing with hardware such as BSPs, chip initialization, programming the hardware to execute graphics operations, etc.
- You will get to work on challenging problems such parallel computing in safety certified environments
- You get to be at the forefront of new software and hardware development for avionics
- You will learn state of the art graphics and compute APIs such as Vulkan/OpenCL/OpenGL
- With a magnitude of projects, your role never gets stale. You will always be working with new hardware and new projects. Our drivers run on hundreds of different platforms.
- High end development systems to ensure you can get the most done in a way that works best for you
- Working for an amazing company, filled with talented people, who love cool technology
- Developing next generation and improving existing embedded graphics and compute drivers
- Customizing our products for new embedded hardware and real-time operating systems
- Profiling and optimizing drivers and applications
- Creating test cases and DO-178 and ISO26262 safety critical certification artifacts
- Writing and reviewing technical specifications
- Working as a team to produce reliable, high quality, safety critical solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience in software development (C/C++)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication is crucial
- Experience with embedded operating systems (VxWorks, Integrity, Linux, Deos, etc.)
- Strong organization and technical skills
- Excellent analytical / problem solving skills
- Ingrained sense of accountability and ownership
- Continuous drive for learning, pushing technical limits, and finding new solutions
- Experience developing, debugging, and troubleshooting embedded OpenGL, Vulkan, or OpenCL drivers an asset
- Experience with DO-178 or ISO26262 software development an asset